Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, R. Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2009-09-14

This document specifies the Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
Networks (RPL), in accordance with the requirements described in
[I-D.ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs],
[I-D.ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs],
[I-D.ietf-roll-indus-routing-reqs], and [RFC5548].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tim Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:23:06 -0400

WG,

In this updated revision we have addressed the following items around the
existing mechanisms in RPL:

 - Some clarification (updates) to grounded/floating in light of default
   routes / infrastructure / and preference to engineer DAG roots

 - guidelines for Objective Code Points and OCP 0

 - clarifications for operation with multiple DAGs re: unique DAGID

 - use of multicast DAOs to install routes for `next door' neighbors (e.g.
   the trivial P2P case)

 - addition of DIO bit to indicate that DA mechanism is supported by the
   DAG Root

 - More clarifications for implementors, including conceptual data
   structures, summary of timers, recommendations for packet forwarding
   (e.g. parents vs. siblings), elaboration of some algorithms

 - Additional discussion of loops with examples to inform loop detection
   discussions

 - Addition of new appendix to track outstanding issues

Please send your feedback to the list.

Thanks,

-RPL authors

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:48:23 +0200

In addition, the objective was to answer the questions and request for  
clarification that you asked on the ML.
There are still a few missing items that should be addressed very soon  
in a rev-02.

Thanks.

JP.

---

From: "Goindi, Manhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 05:22:49 +1000

Hi,

I am getting an error accessing this link:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Manhar Goindi

Manhar Goindi
Technical Expert
Landis+Gyr
Phone: +91 120 3352149
[email-masked]
http://www.landisgyr.com/

Manage Energy Better

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, R. Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-01.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2009-09-14

PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:31:57 -0700

Dear Manhar Goindi,
Please refer to the http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/ page, which lists all 
the working group documents. You probably would prefer to read the 
updated version of RPL (version 02), at 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-02. Note that this page 
provides a link to (now outdated) version 01.
All the best,
Thomas