Subject: [Roll] Clarification on OCP format

From: "Mathilde Durvy (mdurvy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:57:41 +0100

Hi All,
 
It is not clear in the drafts whether the OCP is a DIO suboption or whether
it is contained in the DAG Metric Container. 
 
DIO suboption (as mentioned in Section 6 of the metric draft):
" The OCP object is used to specify the OF and is carried as a sub-
   option within the DIO Base Option object defined in
   [I-D.ietf-roll-rpl
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-04#ref-I-D.ietf-
roll-rpl> ]."

DAG Metric Container (as mentioned in the RPL draft Section 6.1.3.1.1.4 and
Section 2 of the metric draft):
" The DAG Metric Container MUST include the value for the DAG Objective
   Code Point."
" Note that the routing metric objects defined in this document can
   appear in any order in the DAG Metric Container object with the
   exception of the Objective Function object that MUST appear first"
 
I have no strong preference. Maybe the later makes more sense, since without
the values of the metrics and constraints the OCP is pretty useless.
 
Best,
Mathilde

  <http://www.cisco.com/swa/i/logo.gif> 	

Durvy Mathilde
Software Engineer
Technology center

[email-masked]
Phone: +41 21 822 1725
Mobile: +41 76 396 8116

Cisco Systems International Sàrl
Av. des Uttins, 5
CH-1180 Rolle

Cisco home page <http://www.cisco.com/> 

 Think before you print.
<http://www.cisco.com/global/EMEA/brand/signature/capital/green.gif> Think
before you print.	
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and delete all copies of this message.