Subject: [Roll] [roll] #23: OCP Object

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:20:33 -0000

#23: OCP Object
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 This is a minor point but we need to correct some inconsistency.
 As pointed out in the metric-ID, the OCP object is a sub-option within the
 DIO Base Option.

 This must be reflected in Section 6.1.3.1.1.4 of the RPL ID:

 6.1.3.1.1.4.  DAG Metric Container

    The DAG Metric Container suboption may be aligned as necessary to
    support its contents.  Its format is as follows:

         0                   1                   2
         0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- - - - - - - -
        |   Type = 2    |       Container Length        | DAG Metric Data
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- - - - - - - -

                       Figure 8: DAG Metric Container

    The DAG Metric Container is used to report aggregated path metrics
    along the DODAG.  The DAG Metric Container may contain a number of
    discrete node, link, and aggregate path metrics as chosen by the
    implementer.  The Container Length field contains the length in
    octets of the DAG Metric Data.  The order, content, and coding of the
    DAG Metric Container data is as specified in
  [  Internet-Draft <a href="'>I-D.ietf-roll-routing-metrics].

    The DAG Metric Container MUST include the value for the DAG Objective
    Code Point.

 => The sentence above needs to be corrected.

    The processing and propagation of the DAG Metric Container is
    governed by implementation specific policy functions.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/23>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>