Subject: [Roll] Clarification request about RPL

From: Mathieu Pouillot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:03:12 +0200

Hi all,

Watteco is implementing a RPL (draft-05 for the moment) on PLC nodes in 
a low power and low data rate context. After some tests, we have some 
interogations:

- The DAO request generates a lot of traffic on the network, and most of 
the time it is not necessary to have the downward routes of all devices. 
Is there a mechanism to ask a DAO to  specified devices? If not, what do 
you think to add a sub-option in the DIO to ask DAO to a specified 
device or maybe(more complex) a group of devices?
- A point that is not very clear: Can the same node belong to several 
DoDag of the same instance? If yes, how the data traffic(UDP,TCP, or 
others) knows which route has to be used? By the way, when you are in 
different instance  how the flow label has to be filled?
- Is there a way to broadcast or multicast some data traffic in all our 
DoDag?
- Is there a mechanism to annonce a broken route during data traffic?

Thanks for the clarifications,

best regards,

Mathieu

-- 
Mathieu Pouillot
R&D Engineer
[email-masked]

Tel : +33(0)4 98 01 60 05 (Poste 43)
Fax : +33(0)4 94 14 10 80
1766 Chemin de la Planquette
83130 LA GARDE - France
www.watteco.com<http://www.watteco.com/>