Subject: [Roll] [roll] #33: Source Route Failure ticket

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:14:15 -0000

#33: Source Route Failure ticket
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…                  |       Owner:  jhui@…           
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new              
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:                   
Component:  building-routing-reqs  |     Version:                   
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |    Keywords:                   
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 RPL-07 currently does not make any attempt to specify what actions a non-
 storing node should take when using source route information fails.  Some
 options are:
 1) Drop the packet and nothing else.
 2) Drop the packet and send back an ICMPv6 error.
 3) Drop the packet and send back a RPL error.
 4) Backtrack by returning the packet towards the root and indicating where
 the route failed.

 On a separate dimension, it is important to note that the above options
 are not mutually exclusive and we have the following options:
 1) Specify only a single action when source route failures occur.
 2) Provide an option that can select which action to take on a per-
 instance, per-dag, or per-packet basis.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://rsync.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/33>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>