Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #26: Establishing downward routes in RPL : storing / non-storing / mixed modes of operation

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:51:10 -0000

#26: Establishing downward routes in RPL : storing / non-storing / mixed modes
of operation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  task                |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 From Tim Winter

 There was a WG consensus in this thread:
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg03562.html

 The summary text would be:

 The approach is to signal the mode of operation through the DIO, that
 all nodes MUST be capable to support a non-storing mode of operation, and
 that nodes
 who are incapable of acting as routers in a storing mode may participate
 in the DODAG
 as hosts (leaves).  (The suitable behavior when a routing table in a
 storing node
 becomes saturated is still under consideration).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/26#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>