Subject: [Roll] [roll] #35: Routing Header for source routing

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:20:33 -0000

#35: Routing Header for source routing
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  jhui@…           
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new              
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                   
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                   
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                   
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Source routing is required to support downward routing in RPL
 configurations where nodes do not maintain downward state.  While Routing
 Header 0 has been deprecated for security reasons, it's format is sound.

 The proposal is to create a new routing header type that maintains the
 format of RH0 but with the following additional constraints:
 - Use of the routing header MUST remain within a RPL domain.  The routing
 header MUST be removed from any datagrams existing a RPL domain.
 - The routing header MUST be bounded to avoid path MTU issues.  We will
 need to pick what that bound is.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/35>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>