Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:14:36 -0700

Updates - changed some constants to parameters, no default values.

- om_p

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gnawali-roll-etxof-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Omprakash Gnawali and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-gnawali-roll-etxof
Revision:        01
Title:           The ETX Objective Function for RPL
Creation_date:   2010-05-23
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
The ETX metric of a wireless link is the expected number of
transmissions required to successfully transmit and acknowledge a
packet on the link.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
Networks (RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct
routes that optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.
This specification describes ETXOF, an objective function that
minimizes ETX.  The RPL path computation using ETXOF results in
minimum-ETX paths from the nodes to the DAG roots, i.e., paths that
minimize the number of packet transmissions for packet delivery from
nodes in the network to the DAG root.

The IETF Secretariat.