Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #29: DIS packet format

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 06:05:04 -0000

#29: DIS packet format
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  task                |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Here is the new format, which allows to close this ticket:

 5.2.  DODAG Information Solicitation (DIS)

    The DODAG Information Solicitation (DIS) message may be used to
    solicit a DODAG Information Object from a RPL node.  Its use is
    analogous to that of a Router Solicitation as specified in IPv6
    Neighbor Discovery; a node may use DIS to probe its neighborhood for
    nearby DODAGs.  Section 6.3 describes how nodes respond to a DIS.

 5.2.1.  Format of the DIS Base Object

         0                   1                   2
         0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |           Reserved            |   Option(s)...
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                        Figure 7: The DIS Base Object

 Winter, et al.          Expires November 29, 2010              [Page 26]

 Internet-Draft           draft-ietf-roll-rpl-08                 May 2010

    Unassigned bits of the DIS Base are reserved.  They MUST be set to
    zero on transmission and MUST be ignored on reception.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/29#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>