Subject: [Roll] [roll] #44: Additional details on Multicast operation

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 05:29:40 -0000

#44: Additional details on Multicast operation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  pthubert@…        
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                    
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Few comments were received to be address: flooding operation for nodes
 with limited resources, plus the following set of comments:

 A few comments/questions:

 a.      It might be useful to have a few words stating whether this
 solution would work in a large LLN – I,e when the members of multicast
 group is spread across the large LLN
 b.      The section says that the router ‘should prune’ duplicate
 registration messages (DAO) – but it does not say more detail about it
 -I,e  is it up to the implementation that pruning would be done based  on
 some rules?
 c.      Is multicast support  mandatory if someone implements the RPL
 draft?  - if not, is it okay to simulate multicast packet distribution
 using unicast messaging in a small/simple LLN ?

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/44>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:46:48 -0000

#44: Additional details on Multicast operation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  pthubert@…        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                    
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  duplicate         
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => duplicate

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/44#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>