Subject: [Roll] [roll] #53: How does an OF compute rank from metric values?

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 05:15:30 -0000

#53: How does an OF compute rank from metric values?
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 We have different types of metrics with different ranges. Examples:
 ETX is 16 bits. Latency is 24 bits. How do we convert these numbers to
 rank in an OF? Does the range of rank depend on the range and size of
 the metric?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/53>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:42:44 -0000

#53: How does an OF compute rank from metric values?
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 RPL defines a set of rules for the rank computation. The actual rule will
 be defined in other documents, thus this ticket can be closed.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/53#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: Philip Levis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:04:36 -0700

> #53: How does an OF compute rank from metric values?

I don't think this ticket can be closed based on this argument.
Specifically, the question has not been answered, and needs to be so in
a WG document.

Phil