Subject: [Roll] DAO operation - query

From: "Navneet Agarwal (navagar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:12:46 +0530

Hi:
I have the following comments/queries on the DAO operation of rev-09.
 
Section 8.6:
1. ...One RPL Target Option MUST have a prefix that includes the node's
IPv6 address... 
 
It is not clear why this is a MUST as this would require to have each
node configured with an IPv6 address. Can this be clarified? Is this
needed to help the ancestor (DAG root) to piece together the source
route?
 
Section 8.7
2...On receiving a unicast DAO, a node MUST forward the DAO upwards.
This forwarding MAY use any parent in the parent set.
 
In the last para of this section it is also indicated that Nodes
aggregate DAO with multiple target options. This is also mentioned in
section 8.4 but the above comment seem to indicate that the non-storing
node does not need to wait and forwards the received DAO. I think the
non-storing node on receiving a unicast DAO will consume it and schedule
sending of a new (aggregated) DAO. Can this be clarified as well?
 
Thx
 
Regards,
Navneet