Subject: [Roll] [roll] #51: New Appendix A (former Appendix B) can be removed

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:14:26 -0000

#51: New Appendix A (former Appendix B) can be removed
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Looking at this appendix, it can also be removed:
 A.1 will be addressed in a separate document
 A2. Same thing
 A.3 has been clarified.

 Thanks.
 JP.

 Appendix A.  Outstanding Issues

    This section enumerates some outstanding issues that are to be
    addressed in future revisions of the RPL specification.

 A.1.  Additional Support for P2P Routing

    In some situations the baseline mechanism to support arbitrary P2P
    traffic, by flowing upwards along the DODAG until a common ancestor
    is reached and then flowing down, may not be suitable for all
    application scenarios.  A related scenario may occur when the down
    paths setup along the DODAG by the destination advertisement
    mechanism are not the most desirable downward paths for the specific
    application scenario (in part because the DODAG links may not be
    symmetric).  It may be desired to support within RPL the discovery
    and installation of more direct routes 'across' the DAG.  Such
    mechanisms need to be investigated.

 A.2.  Address / Header Compression

    In order to minimize overhead within the LLN it is desirable to
    perform some sort of address and/or header compression, perhaps via
    labels, addresses aggregation, or some other means.  This is still
    under investigation.

 A.3.  Managing Multiple Instances

    A network may run multiple instances of RPL concurrently.  Such a
    network will require methods for assigning and otherwise managing
    RPLInstanceIDs.  This will likely be addressed in a separate
    document.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/51>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:19:22 -0000

#51: New Appendix A (former Appendix B) can be removed
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Removed for revision 10

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/51#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>