Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 04:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing Metrics used for Path Calculation in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-07.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2010-06-11

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) have unique characteristics
compared with traditional wired and ad-hoc networks that require the
specification of new routing metrics and constraints.  By contrast
with typical Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing metrics using
hop counts or link metrics, this document specifies a set of link and
node routing metrics and constraints suitable to LLNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:41:03 +0200

Dear all,

Here are the changes in this new revision (also aligned with RPL  
revision 09):
* The Reserved field of the The Link Quality Level and Link Color  
object have been augmented to 4 bits for octet alignement
* The OCP (Object Code Point) has been removed and pulled into the RPL  
ID (in the Config Option)
* Some examples were changed
* The type and length fields of TLV carried within the routing metrics  
and constraints are now 1 bytes long.
* Various edits, typos corrected, clarifications based on comments  
received from the mailing list

Thanks, as usual comments welcome.

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: June 11, 2010 1:30:02 PM CEDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-07.txt
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll