Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #38: Decoupling routing metrics/constraints from Objective function

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:52:50 -0000

#38: Decoupling routing metrics/constraints from Objective function
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  jpv@…        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed       
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:               
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:               
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed        
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by jpv@…):

 Note from RPL -09:

 3.3.1.  Objective Function (OF)

    The Objective Function (OF) defines how RPL nodes select and optimize
    routes within a RPL Instance.  The OF is identified by an Objective
    Code Point (OCP) within the DIO Configuration option.  An OF defines
    how nodes translate one or more metrics and constraints, which are
    themselves defined in [I-D.ietf-roll-routing-metrics], into a value
    called Rank, which approximates the node's distance from a DODAG
    root.  An OF also defines how nodes select parents.  Further details
    may be found in Section 13, [I-D.ietf-roll-routing-metrics],
    [I-D.ietf-roll-of0], and related companion specifications.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/38#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>