Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #22: RPL Variables

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:58:03 -0000

#22: RPL Variables
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by jpv@…):

 Updating the RPL Variables

 12.  RPL Constants and Variables

    Following is a summary of RPL constants and variables.

    BASE_RANK  This is the rank for a virtual root that might be used to
          coordinate multiple roots.  BASE_RANK has a value of 0.

    ROOT_RANK  This is the rank for a DODAG root.  ROOT_RANK has a value
          of MinHopRankIncrease (as advertised by the DODAG root), such
          that DAGRank(ROOT_RANK) is 1.

    INFINITE_RANK  This is the constant maximum for the rank.
          INFINITE_RANK has a value of 0xFFFF.

    RPL_DEFAULT_INSTANCE  This is the RPLInstanceID that is used by this
          protocol by a node without any overriding policy.
          RPL_DEFAULT_INSTANCE has a value of 0.

    DEFAULT_PATH_CONTROL_SIZE  TBD (To be determined)

    DEFAULT_DIO_INTERVAL_MIN  TBD (To be determined)

    DEFAULT_DIO_INTERVAL_DOUBLINGS  TBD (To be determined)

 Winter, et al.          Expires November 29, 2010              [Page 72]
 Internet-Draft           draft-ietf-roll-rpl-08                 May 2010

    DEFAULT_DIO_REDUNDANCY_CONSTANT  TBD (To be determined)

    DEFAULT_MIN_HOP_RANK_INCREASE  TBD a power of two (To be determined)

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/22#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:34:36 -0000

#22: RPL Variables
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  jpv@…        
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * owner:  wintert@… => jpv@…

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/22#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:23:42 -0000

#22: RPL Variables
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  jpv@…        
     Type:  task                |       Status:  closed       
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:               
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:               
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed        
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 ------------------------------------

 RPL-10 (be posted on June28 or 29) will be updated to define the following
 default values of RPL:

    BASE_RANK
    ROOT_RANK
    INFINITE_RANK
    RPL_DEFAULT_INSTANCE
    DEFAULT_PATH_CONTROL_SIZE
    DEFAULT_DIO_INTERVAL_MIN
    DEFAULT_DIO_INTERVAL_DOUBLINGS
    DEFAULT_DIO_REDUNDANCY_CONSTANT
    DEFAULT_MIN_HOP_RANK_INCREASE

 ------------------------------------

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/22#comment:3>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>