Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #45: RPL08 - Few questions

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:24:50 -0000

#45: RPL08 - Few questions
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  pthubert@…                        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed                            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                                    
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                                    
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed                             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 --------------------------------------------------------------------

 RPL-10 text (to be posted on June 28 or 29) will be updated as follows to
 address this ticket:

 - Option Lengths between metrics draft and RPL are all updated to use 1
 byte

 - Length in Route Information option is updated as follows:

   Prefix Length  8-bit unsigned integer.  The number of leading bits in
         the Prefix that are valid.  The value ranges from 0 to 128.
         The Prefix field has the number of bytes inferred from the
         Option Length field, that must be at least the Prefix Length.
         Note that in RPL this means that the Prefix field may have
         lengths other than 0, 8, or 16.

 - Prefix Information option is updated as follows:

   Prefix  An IP address or a prefix of an IP address.  The Prefix
         Length field contains the number of valid leading bits in the
         prefix.  The bits in the prefix after the prefix length are
         reserved and MUST be initialized to zero by the sender and
         ignored by the receiver.  A router SHOULD NOT send a prefix
         option for the link-local prefix and a host SHOULD ignore such
         a prefix option.  A non-storing node should refrain from
         advertising a prefix till it owns an address of that prefix,
         and then it should advertise its full address in this field, to
         be used by its children in the Parent Address field of the
         Transit Information Option

 - Including the Target option in DIO is removed after discussion in WG

 - Including the Target option in DIS is removed-- it would be redundant
 with Solicited Information over 1-hop.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/45#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>