Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-09.txt
	Pages           : 103
	Date            : 2010-06-11

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of network in which
both the routers and their interconnect are constrained: LLN routers
typically operate with constraints on (any subset of) processing
power, memory and energy (battery), and their interconnects are
characterized by (any subset of) high loss rates, low data rates and
instability.  LLNs are comprised of anything from a few dozen and up
to thousands of routers, and support point-to-point traffic (between
devices inside the LLN), point-to-multipoint traffic (from a central
control point to a subset of devices inside the LLN) and multipoint-
to-point traffic (from devices inside the LLN towards a central
control point).  This document specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol
for LLNs (RPL), which provides a mechanism whereby multipoint-to-
point traffic from devices inside the LLN towards a central control
point, as well as point-to-multipoint traffic from the central
control point to the devices inside the LLN, is supported.  Support
for point-to-point traffic is also available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tim Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:05:12 -0400

WG,

	In this version we have continued to address tickets and feedback.  Changes include:

	- Incorporated additional material as contributed by Security Design Team

	- Manageability section has been updated
		
	- Downward Routes section has been restructured to clarify and factor out common 
aspects of storing / non-storing mode operation

	- Siblings removed from base specification

	- Decoupling of OF and the exact metrics/constraints in use

	- Added proposed text on bootstrapping sequence counters, to be further clarified in 
next revision

	- Added ICMPv6 error code "Error in Source Routing Header"

	- Moved OCP field to Configuration Option, obsoleting 'OCP Option'

Please continue to provide comments and feedback,

Thanks,

- RPL Author Team

On 06/11/2010 09:30 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:21:05 +0200

Dear all,

Just to let you know that rev-10 (most tickets should be closed by  
then) is expected for end of next week.

Thanks.

JP.

On Jun 12, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Tim Winter wrote:

> 	- Downward Routes section has been restructured to clarify and  
> factor out common aspects of storing / non-storing mode operation
>
> 	- Added proposed text on bootstrapping sequence counters, to be  
> further clarified in next revision
>