Subject: [Roll] [roll] #75: Option Len Field mismatch in metric doc.

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:18:21 -0000

#75: Option Len Field mismatch in metric doc.
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  dominique.barthel@…                 
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new                                 
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                                      
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                                      
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                                      
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Hi Ajay,

 On Jul 26, 2010, at 4:18 PM, Ajay Kumar (ajakuma2) wrote:

 Hi WG,

 I see following text in roll-metric draft.

 0 1 2 3
 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ...
 | Type=2 | Option Len | Routing Metric/Constraint objects
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ...
 Figure 1: DAG Metric Container format

 This is from core RPL spec.

 The Routing Metric/Contraints objects have a common format consisting
 of one or more 8-bit words with a common header:
 0 1 2 3
 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
 |Routing-MC-Type|Res|R|G| A |O|C| Object Length (bytes) |
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
 | |
 // (object body) //
 | |
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 How can the Length field in Metric Container Format accommodate Length
 specified in Common header that follows?

 I believe the value in second field cannot be greater than 253 leaving out
 (Routin-MC-Type & Flags).

 Please ignore of it has already been pointed out.

 JP> Good catch, thanks. The change in the RPL ID has not been reflected in
 the metric-ID. We changed it in the RPL
 spec (this is why we can have more than one container) but not yet in the
 metric-ID. It will be fixed in metric-ID
 version 9. Thanks for the comments.

 Regards,
 Ajay

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/75>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:21:44 -0000

Component:  routing-metrics     |     Version:                                      
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * component:  rpl => routing-metrics

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/75#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>