Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:37:14 -0700

Updates in -01:
* Edits based on feedback from JP and others on the list
* Added section 3.3 which talks about how to compute the rank

- om_p

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Omprakash Gnawali and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-gnawali-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of
Revision:        01
Title:           The Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis
Creation_date:   2010-07-12
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
Hysteresis delays the effect of changes in link metric on parent
selection.  Such delay makes the topology stable despite jitters in
link metrics.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct routes that
optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.  This
specification describes the Minimum Rank Objective Function with
Hysteresis (MRHOF), an objective function that minimizes the node
rank in terms of a given metric, while using hysteresis to prevent
excessive rank churn.  The use of MRHOF with RPL results in nodes
selecting stable paths that minimize the given routing metric to the
roots of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG).

The IETF Secretariat.