Subject: [Roll] Nit: how a DODAG version number increment leads to a new DODAG Version

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:24:32 +0200

Nit:

> Figure 2 depicts how a DODAG version number increment leads to a new
> DODAG Version.

How?  By incrementing, no need to look at the figure, it's right there
in the text.

Worried of my misunderstanding I start thinking whether "version" is the
same as "Version".  I think worry is not motivated, but rather that this
is a nit.

Alex

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:53:53 +0200

> How?  By incrementing, no need to look at the figure, it's right there

This is to show that when the version is incremented by the root (also  
referred to as
global repair, and this can be seen as a global reoptimization too),  
this may lead to
a new DODAG shape. By the way we added that the DODAG shape may be  
unchanged
too.

New text:

Figure 2 depicts how a DODAG
    version number increment leads to a new DODAG Version.  Note that a
    new DODAG Version does not always imply a different DODAG topology.

> same as "Version".  I think worry is not motivated, but rather that  

version and Version: same thing.

JP.

>
> Alex
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll