Subject: [Roll] Sensys 2010 - Call for Demos & Call for Doctoral Symposium Papers

From: Radu Stoleru <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:07:27 -0500

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this posting]

Please note the two announcements: Call for Demos, Call for Doctoral 
Symposium Papers

*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************

		        SenSys 2010 Call for Demos

                November 2, 2010, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

The demonstration session at SenSys is typically very well attended
and is one of the highlights of the conference.  If you are a systems
researcher who is bored with producing slides, and you would rather
show off great code, working systems, useful tools, crazy flying
objects, new platforms, and any other technologies related to SenSys,
then the demo session is the place for you!  Past instances of SenSys
have awarded prizes for the best demos and we plan to do the same in
Zurich.  Submissions from industry and universities are encouraged and
an abstract for each accepted demo will be published in the SenSys
proceedings.

DEMO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Send a two-page description, in plain text or PDF, to:

[email-masked]
and
[email-masked]

Please be as specific as possible in describing what you will show.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Two-page demo descriptions:  11:59pm (EST), July 25, 2010
Notification of acceptance:  August 9, 2010
Camera-ready abstract:       August 23, 2010
Conference dates:            November 3-5, 2010

SenSys 2010 DEMO CHAIRS

Pei Zhang (Carnegie Mellon University)
John Regehr (University of Utah)

*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************

                          CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

                ** ACM Sensys 2010 Doctoral Colloquium **

                November 2, 2010, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

              http://www.vs.inf.ethz.ch/events/sensys10dc/

The purpose of the doctoral colloquium (DC) is to provide a friendly,
supportive, and constructive atmosphere where PhD students can present
their research-in-progress for an open discussion, guided by a panel
of experienced researchers and practitioners. Applicants should be far
enough into their PhD to have a concrete proposal, and have initially
outlined the salient issues and proposed research
methodology. Applicants should not be planning to submit their PhD
thesis or dissertation for at least six months after the DC, so that
any advice or input may still be incorporated into the doctoral work.

The DC will be a one-day, seminar-style event, consisting of short
presentations followed by roundtable discussion. Time will be allotted
to each student not only for the presentation, but also for careful,
in-depth consideration and discussion amongst the panelists and DC
participants. In order to provide such individual attention, the
number of accepted DC participants will be limited to twelve.

SUBMISSIONS

Topic scope is the same as that listed in the SenSys call for
papers. DC submissions should consist of a single PDF document using
the SenSys paper template. The document should contain the following:

1) Research summary (3 pages) describing the work in progress, and
including a 100 word abstract. Things to consider for inclusion in the
research summary might be: the expected contribution to the field of
sensor networking; the original idea or thesis statement; the problem
domain and the specific problem addressed; a brief overview of related
work; the methodological approach; research carried out and results so
far.

2) Student biographical sketch, including the names and affiliations
of the research advisor(s), and expected date of dissertation
submission.

The submission site is
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sensys2010doctoralcolloquium

Research summaries will be reviewed by the chair and panel members. If
accepted, a student may be expected to make clarifications and
improvements to their research summary by the camera-ready
deadline. Note that the research summaries will not be formally
published, but hardcopies will be made available to colloquium
delegates.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline: August 28, 2010
Notification:        September 20, 2010
Camera-ready copy:   October 18, 2010
Colloquium:          November 2, 2010

ORGANIZERS

Chair:
   Kay Roemer, University of Luebeck and ETH Zurich