Subject: [Roll] Up or up?

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:30:28 +0200

> Up:   Up refers to the direction from leaf nodes towards DODAG
> roots,
[...]
> RPL provisions routes up towards DODAG roots,

Usually when terms are defined in the Terminology we subsequently use
these terms capitalized to distinguish from the more mundane uses, avoid
confusion.

HEre, it is difficult to understand.

Did the Author mean "up" the mundane?  Or "Up" the term in Terminology
section.

"Up" in the sense of Terminology would mean that RPL provided routes to
DODAG roots, and my remark would be to provide them in the other way
around as well.

"up" in the mundane sense would be ok, because it would mean "up they
go", somebody "up" there takes care of routes, etc. and I would not have
any remark.

Did the Author mean "up" or "Up"?

Alex

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:16:05 +0200

> Did the Author mean "up" or "Up"?

Always the same meaning .... "up" or "Up" refers to the direction, as  
you said,
toward the DODAG root.

JP.

>
> Alex
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll