Subject: [Roll] More questions on DAO

From: "Mathilde Durvy (mdurvy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:08:55 +0200

Hi All,

A few more questions on DAOs:

- What is the DAO parent selection criteria for OCP0? Same as for DIO
parents I assume.

- What actions need to be taken by a node that didn’t get a DAO-ACK response
when setting the K bit?

- Section 16.2.6 (which deals with configuration) introduces some
terminology not used in the spec (e.g UNREACHABLE state). Is this some
legacy text?

- When should a node initiate (i.e. not propagate) an increase in DTSN?

- “Multicast DAOs MUST NOT include Transit Information options” (Section
8.6). Do you mean “MUST not include a parent address in the transit
information option”?

Best,

Mathilde

http://www.cisco.com/swa/i/logo.gif

Durvy Mathilde
Software Engineer
Technology center

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Phone: +41 21 822 1725
Mobile: +41 76 396 8116

Cisco Systems International Sàrl
Av. des Uttins, 5
CH-1180 Rolle

 <http://www.cisco.com> Cisco home page

Think before you print.Think before you print.

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and delete all copies of this message.