Subject: [Roll] Checksum field and MAC in RPL document

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:15:05 +0200

Hello Rene,

Following our desk discussion about RPL and security and signature and
checksum - I believe we should specify in RPL doc that the Checksum
field is set to 0 prior to computing the signature.

I mean the Checksum field in this figure:

   0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                                                               |
       .                             Base                              .
       .                                                               .
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                                                               |
       .                           Option(s)                           .
       .                                                               .
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

This is but one remark.  I don't want it drawn in a series of other
remarks... risking to be discarded because of the others, or solved
with the others...

Thanks for the nice chat,

Alex