Subject: [Roll] IPR Disclosure: Certicom Corp.'s Statement of IPR claimed in draft-ietf-roll-rpl-10

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:47:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Pascal Thubert, Tim Winter, ROLL Team:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "RPL: IPv6
Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks" (draft-ietf-roll-rpl) was
submitted to the IETF Secretariat on 2010-07-21 and has been posted on the "IETF
Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1366/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Certicom Corp.'s Statement of IPR claimed in draft-ietf-roll-rpl-10."

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 13:05:03 -0400

> 3. Any public keys utilized in an implementation of ECPVS according to
> this IETF specification are extracted from a certificate issued from a
> Certicom-licensed Certificate Authority ("CA"); and

This completely invalidates the RF RAND of part 1.
No open source implementation could "guarantee" this.

I'm very happy we have RSA keys.

-- 
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
   Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
	               then sign the petition.

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:04:16 +0200

> This completely invalidates the RF RAND of part 1.

I agree that this completely invalidates the use of that algorithm.

> I'm very happy we have RSA keys.

Or any other non-encumbered algorithm.

Ulrich