Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-01

From: Mukul Goyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:10:37 -0500 (CDT)

This version is just a refresh.

Thanks
Mukul

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "IETF I-D Submission Tool" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Emmanuel Baccelli" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 5:01:12 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Mukul Goyal and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
Creation_date:	 2010-10-26
WG ID:		 roll
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
Point to point (P2P) communication between arbitrary IPv6 routers and
hosts in a Low power and Lossy Network (LLN) is a key requirement for
many applications.  RPL, the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs,
constrains the LLN topology to a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) and
requires the P2P routing to take place along the DAG links.  Such P2P
routes may be significantly suboptimal and may lead to traffic
congestion near the DAG root.  This document describes a P2P route
discovery mechanism complementary to RPL base functionality.  This
mechanism allows an RPL-aware IPv6 router or host to discover and
establish on demand one or more routes to another RPL-aware IPv6
router or host in the LLN such that the discovered routes meet the
specified cost criteria.

The IETF Secretariat.