Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:47:18 -0400

ROLL WG,

Here is the MRHOF document with changes in the name and title to
indicate that it is now a WG document. I look forward to your input to
improve the document. Thanks.

- om_p

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-00.txt has
been successfully submitted by Omprakash Gnawali and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of
Revision:        00
Title:           The Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis
Creation_date:   2010-10-11
WG ID:           roll
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
Hysteresis delays the effect of changes in link metric on parent
selection.  Such delay makes the topology stable despite jitters in
link metrics.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct routes that
optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.  This
specification describes the Minimum Rank Objective Function with
Hysteresis (MRHOF), an objective function that minimizes the node
rank in terms of a given metric, while using hysteresis to prevent
excessive rank churn.  The use of MRHOF with RPL results in nodes
selecting stable paths that minimize the given routing metric to the
roots of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG).

The IETF Secretariat.