Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:15:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-15.txt
	Pages           : 144
	Date            : 2010-11-07

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of network in which
both the routers and their interconnect are constrained.  LLN routers
typically operate with constraints on processing power, memory, and
energy (battery power).  Their interconnects are characterized by
high loss rates, low data rates, and instability.  LLNs are comprised
of anything from a few dozen and up to thousands of routers.
Supported traffic flows include point-to-point (between devices
inside the LLN), point-to-multipoint (from a central control point to
a subset of devices inside the LLN), and multipoint-to-point (from
devices inside the LLN towards a central control point).  This
document specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL), which
provides a mechanism whereby multipoint-to-point traffic from devices
inside the LLN towards a central control point, as well as point-to-
multipoint traffic from the central control point to the devices
inside the LLN, is supported.  Support for point-to-point traffic is
also available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.