Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 03:23:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks of the IETF.

        Title           : When to use RFC 6553, 6554 and IPv6-in-IPv6
        Authors         : Maria Ines Robles
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2016-09-13

Abstract:
   This document looks at different data flows through LLN (Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) where RPL (IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) is used to establish routing.  The document
   enumerates the cases where RFC 6553, RFC 6554 and IPv6-in-IPv6
   encapsulation is required.  This analysis provides the basis on which
   to design efficient compression of these headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 17:27:06 +0300

Hi,

This new version is adapted to I-D.ietf-6man-rfc2460bis,

"NOTE: While [RFC2460 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2460>] required that
all nodes must examine and

   process the Hop-by-Hop Options header, it is now expected that nodes
   along a packet's delivery path only examine and process the Hop-by-
   Hop Options header if explicitly configured to do so."

Comments are welcome,

Thank you,

The authors.

2016-09-14 13:23 GMT+03:00 <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>