Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:15:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Asymmetric AODV-P2P-RPL in Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
        Authors         : Satish Anamalamudi
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Abdur Rashid Sangi
                          Charles E. Perkins
                          S.V.R Anand
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Route discovery for symmetric and asymmetric Point-to-Point (P2P)
   traffic flows is a desirable feature in Low power and Lossy Networks
   (LLNs).  For that purpose, this document specifies a reactive P2P
   route discovery mechanism for both hop-by-hop routing and source
   routing: Ad Hoc On-demand Distance Vector Routing (AODV) based RPL
   protocol.  Paired Instances are used to construct directional paths,
   in case some of the links between source and target node are
   asymmetric.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 14:41:29 +0200

There are a lot of new changes in the draft it is surprising for me, but
seems good. Now we will need to review again. I prefer that we get some
list-discussions from the authors before editing, but it seems that they
are discussing offline, IMHO, the WG should be involved/aware when having
big editing into wg-draft.

AB

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:15 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 05:44:45 -0800

Hello Abdussalam,

Yes, this is a big change from the previous version.  The changes were 
in response to WG requests, and many involved importing features from 
RFC 6997 as requested.

It is my feeling that the recently submitted document needs more work 
and more input from the working group before Last Call should be issued 
again.  I will go over the changes and next steps during the WG meeting 
at IETF 101, but in the meantime your comments about the changes will be 
welcome.  If it is indicated, I can submit another revised version 
before the actual face-to-face meeting, but that does not give time for 
thorough review.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 3/7/2018 4:41 AM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
> There are a lot of new changes in the draft it is surprising for me, 
> but seems good. Now we will need to review again. I prefer that we get 
> some list-discussions from the authors before editing, but it seems 
> that they are discussing offline, IMHO, the WG should be 
> involved/aware when having big editing into wg-draft.
>
> AB
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:15 AM, <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl/>
>
>     <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03>
>     <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03>
>
>     <https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-03>
>
>
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>     tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
>     <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll>
>
>
>
>