Subject: [Roll] OMNeT++ code for RPL

From: Moussa ABOUBAKAR <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 13:33:09 +0200

Dear all,

I'm PhD student and I'm now working on routing scheme on Low power  and
lossy network.
I'm now looking for the code of RPL on Omnet++ to start simulation.
Any help you can provide is welcome.

Kinds regards,

-- 
ABOUBAKAR Moussa
PhD student Computer Science
Twitter: abakamousa
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aboubakar-moussa
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aboubakar-moussa>
Tel: +33 7 58 30 82 16

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 13:59:20 +0200

Dear Moussa,

In 2014 we published the code you can find below (look at the arrow on the
right and lower corner of the screen for download):
https://sites.google.com/site/carlesgomez/home/code

The code is for MiXiM, an OMNeT++ framework.

However, please be aware that this simulation code is quite limited: it
does not support DAO messages.

I hope this helps anyway...

Cheers,

Carles

---

From: Moussa ABOUBAKAR <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:34:43 +0200

Dear Carles,

Thank you for your response.

I'm going to try starting with that code.

Cheers

Le jeu. 27 sept. 2018 à 13:59, Carles Gomez Montenegro <
[email-masked]> a écrit :

> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: Rahul Jadhav <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:07:13 +0530

Hello Moussa,

Is your goal to simulate RPL on 802.15.4/LoWPAN or in general IPv6 networks
?
Simulating RPL over 802.15.4 in Omnet++ means you have to use either
Castalia or Mixim along with Omnet++.
Earlier we started work on Castalia but we had to abandon it because the
license didn't allow us to use it (Omnet++ has Academic Public License,..
it will work just fine for you).

Meanwhile (in 2016) we started working on an open-source framework which
uses NS3 for wireless simulation and integrates contiki/riot.
https://github.com/whitefield-framework/whitefield
We have been using this framework for most of the work we do in IETF. The
advantage of this framework is that you do not have to port RPL/6lo
implementation to NS3 specifically for simulation, reducing experimentation
time and you do not need to understand NS3 design to use it. The framework
adds whitefield as a platform in contiki/riot.

But there are advantages with regards to using Castalia/Mixim with Omnet++:
Mixim supports 802.15.4A Impulse Radio Ultra Wide band standard in addition
to the narrow band version.
Castalia supports various 802.15.4 MAC layers including TMAC, SMAC which
provides RDC (radio duty cycling).
NS3 supports only vanilla 802154-2006 MAC layer in unslotted CSMA/CA mode
(which is also supported by Castalia).

Hope it helps.

Best,
Rahul