Subject: [Roll] 2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC): Submission Deadlines Extended by One Week

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:11:28 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP. The
paper submission deadlines of the 2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference
(VNC’19) have been extended by one week. Please find enclosed below an
updated Call for Paper with the revised deadlines.

Thanks and regards,
VNC’19 Organizing Committee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS
2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC)
December 4-6, 2019
Los Angeles, California
http://www.ieee-vnc.org/cfp.html

All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. A Best Paper Award will be
given to a high-impact paper selected by a committee. Accepted papers will
appear in the conference proceedings and will be archived in the IEEE
Xplore Digital Library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2019 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC) seeks to bring together
researchers, professionals, and practitioners to present and discuss recent
developments and challenges in vehicular networking technologies, and their
applications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

   - 5G technologies for connected vehicles
   - Innovative vehicular network applications (e.g., those in
   transportation safety, efficiency, and comfort as well as electrical
   vehicle and power grid integration) and their communication requirements
   - Communications and networking for automated and semi-automated
   vehicles (e.g., collective perception, sensor data sharing, cooperative
   driving, cooperative maneuvering, cooperative intersections and highways,
   platooning)
   - Field measurements and/or real-world deployments of vehicular networks
   and applications
   - Impact assessments of vehicular networks on transportation (e.g.,
   safety, efficiency, comfort, environmental sustainability)
   - Modeling, design, as well as theoretical and empirical analysis of
   vehicular networks and applications
   - Hardware and software platforms for the simulation, emulation,
   prototyping, measurement, and/or real-world deployment of vehicular
   networks and applications
   - Emerging V2X communication and networking technologies such as
   cellular V2X (C-V2X), dynamic spectrum sharing, mmWave, massive MIMO,
   beamforming, and vehicular visible light communications (VLC)
   - In-vehicle communication and networking systems (e.g., TSN, FlexRay,
   TT-CAN, and mmWave)
   - Vehicular networking architectures and system design
   - Novel physical layer communication technologies for vehicular networks
   - Radio propagation aspects of vehicular networks (e.g., channel
   measurements, propagation models, antenna design)
   - Vehicular MAC and link layer protocols (e.g., those for URLLC)
   - Vehicular network layer protocols (e.g., real-time information
   dissemination)
   - Transport control and middleware for vehicular network systems (e.g.,
   congestion control, real-time messaging)
   - Heterogeneous vehicular networking (e.g., multi-radio, multi-channel,
   multi-application, multi-technology)
   - Network and QoS management for vehicular networks
   - Security, privacy, liability, and dependability of vehicular networks
   - Communications related to electric and hybrid vehicles
   - Integration of V2C with on-board systems and networks
   - Edge computing for vehicular applications
   - Vehicular networks and IoT integration

------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------

Important Dates
Full/short paper submission deadline:September 15, 2019, 23:59 AOE
(Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
Demo/Poster paper Submission Deadline:September 30, 2019, 23:59 AOE
(Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
Acceptance notification:October 22, 2019
Camera ready paper due:November 4, 2019
Conference:December 4-6, 2019
------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
Organizing CommitteeGeneral Co-Chairs

Danijela Cabric, UCLA, USA
Onur Altintas, Toyota InfoTech Labs, USA

TPC Co-Chairs

Tim Leinmueller, DENSO International Europe, Germany
Hongwei Zhang, Iowa State University, USA

Poster/Demo and Student Travel Grant Co-Chairs

Ashwin Ashok, Georgia State University, USA
Miguel Sepulcre, Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche, Spain

Panel Chair

Jim Lansford, Qualcomm, USA

Publication Chair

Takamasa Higuchi, Toyota InfoTech Labs, USA

Publicity Co-Chairs

Sinem Coleri Ergen, Koc University, Turkey
Qiao Xiang, Yale University, USA

Web Co-Chairs

Seyhan Ucar, Toyota InfoTech Labs, USA
Enes Krijestorac, UCLA, USA

Local Arrangement Co-Chairs

Benjamin Domae, UCLA, USA
Enes Krijestorac, UCLA, USA

Finance Chair

Bruce Worthman, IEEE
Steering Committee

Onur Altintas, Toyota InfoTech Labs, USA
Wai Chen, China Mobile Research Institute, China
Falko Dressler, University of Paderborn, Germany
Geert Heijenk, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Thomas Luckenbach, FOKUS, Germany
Hyun Seo Oh, ETRI, South Korea
Umit Ozguner, Ohio State University, USA
Tadao Saito, Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo, Japan

-- 
Qiao Xiang
Associate Research Scientist,
Department of Computer Science,
Yale University