Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:24:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Root initiated routing state in RPL
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Rahul Arvind Jadhav
                          Matthew Gillmore
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   This document enables a RPL Root to install and maintain Projected
   Routes within its DODAG, along a selected set of nodes that may or
   may not include self, for a chosen duration.  This potentially
   enables routes that are more optimized or resilient than those
   obtained with the classical distributed operation of RPL, either in
   terms of the size of a source-route header or in terms of path
   length, which impacts both the latency and the packet delivery ratio.
   Projected Routes may be installed in either Storing and Non-Storing
   Modes Instances of the classical RPL operation, resulting in
   potentially hybrid situations where the mode of some Projected Routes
   is different from that of the other routes in the RPL Instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/