Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:42:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Common Ancestor Objective Functions and Parent Set DAG Metric Container Extension
        Authors         : Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis
                          Georgios Papadopoulos
                          Nicolas Montavont
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   Implementing Packet Replication and Elimination from / to the RPL
   root requires the ability to forward copies of packets over different
   paths via different RPL parents.  Selecting the appropriate parents
   to achieve ultra-low latency and jitter requires information about a
   node's parents.  This document details what information needs to be
   transmitted and how it is encoded within a packet to enable this
   functionality.  This document also describes Objective Functions
   which take advantage of this information to implement multi-path
   routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 00:51:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

we have addressed the remaining comments from Rahul (thanks a lot for
reading it again Rahul).
The changes are quite small, in accordance with Rahul's suggestions:
- We now request one OCP for the whole CA OF family instead of 3 separate
ones before. This allows nodes to use a different variant freely within the
same RPL Instance.
- We clarified the fact that the use of the DAGMC NSA PS constraint does
not affect the calculation of the rank.

We hope that this version will be in a good state to go though the WGLC.

Best,
Aris

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 12:43 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>