Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:58:55 +0200

Dear all,

The new version of useofrplinfo comprises:

-Figure 7 and respective cases:
-- Fix case SM: from root to RUL: we added encapsulation to the 6LR parent
of the RUL.
-- Fix case SM: from RAL to Internet: we added a case where there is
encapsulation to the root.
-- Fix case SM: from RAL to RUL: we added encapsulation from the root to
the 6LR parent of the RUL.

- We added two news assumptions:
--- For traffic leaving a RUL, if the RUL adds an opaque RPI then the
description of the RAL applies.
--- The description for RALs applies to RAN in general.

- Fixed some nits: Thank you very much Dominique and Rahul for your
corrections.

Comments welcome,

The authors.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt
To: Pascal Thubert <[email-masked]>, Maria Ines Robles <
[email-masked]>, Michael C. Richardson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt
has been successfully submitted by Maria Ines Robles and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo
Revision:       37
Title:          Using RPI Option Type, Routing Header for Source Routes and
IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane
Document date:  2020-03-14
Group:          roll
Pages:          60
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37

Abstract:
   This document looks at different data flows through LLN (Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) where RPL (IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) is used to establish routing.  The document
   enumerates the cases where RFC6553 (RPI Option Type), RFC6554
   (Routing Header for Source Routes) and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation is
   required in data plane.  This analysis provides the basis on which to
   design efficient compression of these headers.  This document updates
   RFC6553 adding a change to the RPI Option Type.  Additionally, this
   document updates RFC6550 defining a flag in the DIO Configuration
   option to indicate about this change and updates [RFC8138] as well to
   consider the new Option Type when the RPL Option is decompressed.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat