Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 02:57:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using RPI Option Type, Routing Header for Source Routes and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane
        Authors         : Maria Ines Robles
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2020-03-14

Abstract:
   This document looks at different data flows through LLN (Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) where RPL (IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) is used to establish routing.  The document
   enumerates the cases where RFC6553 (RPI Option Type), RFC6554
   (Routing Header for Source Routes) and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation is
   required in data plane.  This analysis provides the basis on which to
   design efficient compression of these headers.  This document updates
   RFC6553 adding a change to the RPI Option Type.  Additionally, this
   document updates RFC6550 defining a flag in the DIO Configuration
   option to indicate about this change and updates [RFC8138] as well to
   consider the new Option Type when the RPL Option is decompressed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-37

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/