Subject: [Roll] [CFP - DEADLINE EXTENDED] Going Virtual - GOODTECHS 2020 - Special Session in Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life, 14/09 - 16/09

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 16:31:11 +0200

*************************************************************************
*                                     Call for Papers
*                                   GoodTechs 2020
*   Special Session in Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life
*           September 14-16, 2020, VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
*.            Submission by 1 June 2020 (EXTENDED, FIRM)
*
*************************************************************************

More info at:
http://goodtechs.eu/serious-games/

The GoodTechs Steering and Organizing committees, due to the current  
COVID-19 situation, have decided to make our 2020 Edition fully  
virtual to eliminate uncertainty and to ensure the health, safety, and  
well-being of our research community and society in general. The dates  
of the virtual conference remain the same: September 14-16, 2020.

A mechanism for virtual presentation and participation will be  
provided. More details will be announced in a timely manner, so please  
stay tuned to the official website for more updates.

We also have decided to extend the submission deadline to June 1st,  
2020. This deadline is firm!

SCOPE
======

Gamification techniques and serious games are often used to capture and
maintain user’s attention and motivation. This is particularly important
when dealing with young patients or people with special needs. Patient’s
collaboration is crucial for doctors to perform a good diagnosis, and to
provide an efficient therapy, but it cannot always be taken for granted.
Moreover, serious games are proved to be an efficient tool to incentivize
people to improve their lifestyle, e.g., making more physical activity.

This track will feature new insights, research, and practice on how to
design, develop and use gamification and persuasive technologies to create
serious games and applications to improve individuals’ Quality of Life
(QoL) and behavior, with a particular focus on people with disabilities.

The track targets researchers, doctoral students, practitioners and other
people interested in presenting, discussing, reflecting and networking on
central themes associated with the development and use of serious games and
applications to help people with special needs. Papers on both theoretical
aspects and design methods of gamification techniques and serious games are
welcomed, as well as system prototypes and novel evaluation methods. In
addition, the track welcomes full research, work in progress papers and
educational cases.

Chair: Ombretta Gaggi, Università di Padova, Italy, gaggi[at]math.unipd.it
Co-Chair: Antonio Rodà, Università di Padova, Italy, antonio.roda[at]unipd.it

TOPICS OF INTEREST
==================

Serious game design for better lifestyle promotion
Serious games for people with disability
Games for Education and Learning
Gamification
Pervasive Systems
Assistive Technologies
Persuasive solutions
Methods, models, and principles for gamification design
Usability and accessibility issues
Games for Health and Well-Being
Serious Games for social inclusion
Serious Games for cultural heritage

IMPORTANT DATES
================

Full Paper Submission deadline: 1 June 2020
Notification deadline:  13 July 2020

Follow the submission instructions at:
http://goodtechs.eu/submission/

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy