Subject: [Roll] Summary of recent changes for draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-08

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 12:39:43 -0700

Hello folks,

Here is a summary of the changes we have made in version 8 for our 
draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl.

Changes from version 07 to version 08

    o  Instead of describing the need for routes to "fulfill the
       requirements", specify that routes need to "satisfy the Objective
       Function".

    o  Removed all normative dependencies on [RFC6997]

    o  Rewrote Section 10 to avoid duplication of language in cited
       specifications.

    o  Added Section 11 with text and citations to more fully describe
       how implementations determine whether links are symmetric.

    o  Modified text comparing AODV-RPL to other protocols to emphasize
       the need for AODV-RPL instead of the problems with the other
       protocols.

    o  Clarified that AODV-RPL uses some of the base RPL specification
       but does not require an instance of RPL to run.

    o  Improved capitalization, quotation, and spelling variations.

    o  Specified behavior upon reception of a RREQ-DIO or RREP-DIO
       message for an already existing DODAGID (e.g, Section 6.4).

    o  Fixed numerous language issues in IANA Considerations Section 9.

    o  For consistency, adjusted several mandates from SHOULD to MUST and
       from SHOULD NOT to MUST NOT.

    o  Numerous editorial improvements and clarifications.

Regards,
Charlie P.