Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-40.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:49:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using RPI Option Type, Routing Header for Source Routes and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane
        Authors         : Maria Ines Robles
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-40.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2020-06-25

Abstract:
   This document looks at different data flows through LLN (Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) where RPL (IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) is used to establish routing.  The document
   enumerates the cases where RFC6553 (RPI Option Type), RFC6554
   (Routing Header for Source Routes) and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation is
   required in data plane.  This analysis provides the basis on which to
   design efficient compression of these headers.  This document updates
   RFC6553 adding a change to the RPI Option Type.  Additionally, this
   document updates RFC6550 defining a flag in the DIO Configuration
   option to indicate about this change and updates [RFC8138] as well to
   consider the new Option Type when the RPL Option is decompressed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-40
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-40

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-40

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:54:09 +0300

Dear all,

v40 fixs nits. ChangeLog:
https://github.com/roll-wg/useofrplinfo/blob/master/ChangeLog

Comments welcome,

Thank you,
Ines

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 8:51 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Using RPI Option Type, Routing Header for Source
> Routes and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>