Subject: [Roll] Protocol Action: 'A RPL DODAG Configuration Option for the 6LoWPAN Routing Header' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:58:34 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A RPL DODAG Configuration Option for the 6LoWPAN Routing Header'
  (draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 8138 by defining a bit in the RPL DODAG
   Configuration Option to indicate whether compression is used within
   the RPL Instance, and specify the behavior of RFC 8138-capable nodes
   when the bit is set and reset.

Working Group Summary

   The process through the WG was uneventful.  The single objection argued
   that this was not the right mechanism, but no alternative was proposed.

Document Quality

   There are no implementations of this extension.  It is an important component 
   to enable the deployment of RFC8138.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Ines Robles
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana