Subject: [Roll] RFC 9035 on A Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) Destination-Oriented Directed Acyclic Graph (DODAG) Configuration Option for the 6LoWPAN Routing Header

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 23:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9035

        Title:      A Routing Protocol for Low-Power 
                    and Lossy Networks (RPL) Destination-Oriented Directed 
                    Acyclic Graph (DODAG) Configuration Option for 
                    the 6LoWPAN Routing Header 
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.,
                    L. Zhao
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates:    RFC 8138

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9035

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9035

This document updates RFC 8138 by defining a bit in the Routing
Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) Destination-Oriented
Directed Acyclic Graph (DODAG) Configuration option to indicate
whether compression is used within the RPL Instance and to specify
the behavior of nodes compliant with RFC 8138 when the bit is set and
unset.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC