Subject: Problems with RIPE to RPSL conversion..

From: Tan Lien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:26:17 -0500

Hi,

I'm in the process of converting our RIPE database to RPSL database.  I
ran into several problems.

I have converted all the RIPE objects into RPSL objects in a db file
called 'cw.db '.  All the maintainer objects and other objects exists in
'cw.db' after the conversion using 'ripe2rpsl' tool. But when I tried
submitting a route object with a maintainer that exists in 'cw.db', it
rejected the submission with an error saying maintainer doesn't exist.
It is clearly in the 'cw.db' file.
Now do I have to run something else to index the 'cw.db' so that the IRR
daemon recognizes that the maintainer is actually in the database after
the ripe2rpsl conversion?

OR

Do I have to convert the format and submit the RPSL formatted objects
one by one until the end of the objects in the file database so that IRR
daemon can keep track of the index?

Tan

--
Internet Engineering, Cable & Wireless USA
11700 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 22091
Phone: (703) 292-2228 Email:[email-masked]  Beeper: [email-masked]

---

From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:52:41 -0800 (PST)

Tan,

What server software are you using? This question can be better
answered if you tell us this.

Cengiz

-- 
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/~cengiz    University of Southern California

---

From: Tan Lien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:07:43 -0500

I'm running irrd downloaded from www.irrd.net.