Subject: WG Status

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:47:43 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

With the publication of this rfc, the WG has completed its charter. As
agreed earlier, we are going to ask IESG to close the RPS WG. We will
keep the mailing list alive.

When it is time to move the documents in the standards process, we are
going to ask IESG to reopen the WG. We already have 3 server
implementations of RPSL RFC, and a fourth one is coming, and one
implementation of this and security RFC with more implementations on
the way. In about a year, we should demonstrate sufficient
interoperability for all of these standards.

We are going to wait about a week before sending an official request
to IESG. This is your last chance to raise any issues before we do
so. 

RFC Editor ([email-masked]) on February 11:
> 
> A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
> 
> 
>         RFC 2769
> 
>         Title:	    Routing Policy System Replication
>         Author(s):  C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, R. Govindan,
>                     D. Meyer 
>         Status:     Standards Track
> 	Date:       February 2000
>         Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
>                     [email-masked], [email-masked]
>         Pages:      42
>         Characters: 95255
> 	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
>         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt
> 
>         URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2769.txt

Cengiz

-- 
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/~cengiz    University of Southern California

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:11:12 -0800

> to IESG.

oops!  the ad saw the rfc and asked already the secretariat to close the wg.
if folk have problems, holler now!

well done all!  and especial thanks to cengiz and curtis.

randy