Subject: RPSL and the RIPE database

From: Farhan Memon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:27:26 +0200

Hi

I was wondering what the current state of the RIPE database and its
relation to RPSL

Does RIPE currently accept RPSL updates?

Is RIPE obselete yet?when will it be?

and i noticed intet-rtr objects. IS this done in RPSL or is this done in

extentions to ripe?

would you advise migrating our operation team to update with RPSL yet or

at a later time

hope you can help

brgrds

Faz Memon

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:02:50 +0200

Farhan,

A document was just published today which should help to clarify any 
questions you have about the RIPE database transition.  You can find 
this here:

http://www/ripencc/pub-services/db/reimp/new-transition-v3.ps

Section 4, on page 13, addresses the transition plan specifically.

This is know as the re-implementation project, and the home page is 
here:

http://www/ripencc/pub-services/db/reimp/index.html

If you still have questions, please direct them to the database mailing 
list for this:

[email-masked]

-- 
Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Database Software Engineer
RIPE NCC
+31 20 535 4427