Subject: IETF 61; BFD current status

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:47:03 -0400

Working Group,

We are currently not planning on meeting at the upcoming IETF 61.
If anyone believes we have reason to meet, please let us know but at
this point we believe the current working group items are stalled.

o The BFD base specification authors are waiting on input from the IESG
  and the security folks on the BFD security issues.  This item currently
  blocks all further progress on the work items.
o The WG drafts will need to be updated to current IETF boiler plate.
  Authors, please do have this part done so that once we unblock
  we can get things moving quickly. :-)
o The MIB is waiting on the security issues to become unblocked.
o Mutual review on BFD for MPLS needs to be accomplished with the MPLS WG.
  This draft requires the allocation of a TLV for MPLS Ping.
o IPR disclosures are still pending, presumably on the authors' respective
  legal departments.  These MUST be dealt with before the documents
  are allowed to progress.

Group review of the existing drafts for any issues, particular with the
proposed MIB objects, is highly encouraged.  Tell your friends.  

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies