Subject: static routes and eBGP specifications for BFD

From: Carlos Garcia Braschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:42:40 +0100

Hi,

I have just re-read most of the archives on the list and haven't found
more about BFD for eBGP and static routes that it has been called for
and that is included in the WG charter. Unfortunately, those would be
our most needed usages for this mechanism.

Is support for them going to be added to the 1hop/multihop draft
anytime soon? Are there any difficulties associated with
drafting/implementing it? eBGP does not seem very different from OSPF
/ IS-IS implementation.
Are the drafts going to be un-expired soon?

Regards,
						Carlos.
--
Telefonica Empresas

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:53:30 +0200 (EET)

> Are the drafts going to be un-expired soon?

I submitted some text which was hashed over on the mailing list, so I 
think (hope!) the status is "going to be included in the next 
revision".

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Carlos Garcia Braschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:29:44 +0100

> I submitted some text which was hashed over on the mailing list, so I

Thanks for the answer.

I have been reading through all the archives but were not able to find
anything more about eBGP and static than the discussions about the
charter.

The archives of the mailing list are empty from June to September,
perhaps was it discussed then and later the archive got lost? (I
thought it was just lack of activity, but other quiet months do at
least have the monthly reminder).