Subject: RE: Comments on draft-suping-bfd-mpls-fecmismatch-00.txt

From: "David Allan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:11:28 -0500

> 	One of my points was that the filter is unnecessary 
> (even if it would work).  

Amusing piece of FUD...

> That seems like a more minimalist 
> approach to me. :P

The suggestion would permit the elimination of 

"   It may be desirable to use LSP-Ping additionally for periodic 
   diagnostics in addition to BFD for fault detection on the same 
   PW [BFDMPLS]."

from VCCV as it could be condensed into one transaction....

Same applies to the phrase 

"   BFD cannot be used for verifying the MPLS control plane against the
   data plane.  "

in BFD for MPLS LSPs...

Dave

> 	--Tom
> >  Dave