Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bfd-mib-01.txt

From: Carlos Garcia Braschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:46:12 +0200

> Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bfd-mib-01.txt
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.
> 
>         Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Management Information Base
>         Author(s)       : T. Nadeau, Z. Ali
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-mib-01.txt
>         Pages           : 24
>         Date            : 2005-7-8
> 

Hi, 
I have two comments on this draft, probably quite trivial to correct:
- The bfdSessDown notification is specified to be generated when the
BFD session state changes to down or adminDown, making it a
notification that the session has entered a down state.

Since this does not exactly mean that there has been a disconnection
detection, wouldn't it be better if it is only generated when
transitioning to down or adminDown from the Up state?

Transitions from init or adminDown to down or adminDown mean that the
session has not been established since the last down state and
transitions from down to
adminDown are just an administrative change, that does not change the
connectivity detection.

- The draft mostly references BFD protocol version 0 and has 0 as a
default version, but the syntax for the state follows version 1.
Shouldn't it reference version 1 as the default BFD protocol? 
In the same line, the drafts referenced are the previous ward-katz
drafts, instead of the ietf- ones.

Regards,
Carlos.
--
Telefonica Empresas

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:47:30 -0400

> transitioning to down or adminDown from the Up state?

     No, because we might want to notify also based on
sessions going down because they are really broken. I
think we want to handle BOTH cases.

> drafts, instead of the ietf- ones.

     Will fix those.

     --Tom