Subject: (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:54:32 +0530

Hi 

How BFD handles simple password authentication?

Draft says, 

In this method of authentication,
   one or more Passwords (with corresponding Key IDs) are configured in
   each system and one of these Password/ID pairs is carried in each BFD
   Control packet.  The receiving system accepts the packet if the
   Password and Key ID matches one of the Password/ID pairs configured
   in that system.

How the Node B knows about the configured Password/IDs in Node A, to
validate?

Thanks & Regards

-Kalpana

---

From: Reshad Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:19:06 -0400

Mechanism for key exchange etc is outside the scope of the BFD protocol.

Regards,
Reshad.

---

From: Dave Katz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:46:12 -0600

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:24 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

>
> How the Node B knows about the configured Password/IDs in Node A,  
> to validate?
>
>
It's outside the scope of the spec.

A time-honored method is to configure it.