Subject: Status on draft-chopps-isis-bfd-tlv-00.txt

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:53:39 -0800

I would like to propose making draft-chopps-isis-bfd-tlv-00.txt a WG  
document.

This was mentioned back at IETF 62 (although I think the draft was  
not present yet :); however, I don't recall if it has been brought up  
on the list or not.

Chris.

---

From: Saravana Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:17:01 +0800

Chris,

I went through the draft and I think it would be an useful addition to
ISIS. However I have a couple of suggestions to add to the draft.

 - the behaviour in a multi topology scenario needs to be specified. 
 - the new TLV should be able to specify the BFD capability for
different data protocols. This would be useful if some implementation
supports BFD for one particular protocol only.

Thanks,
Saravana

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Christian Hopps
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Status on draft-chopps-isis-bfd-tlv-00.txt

Chris.

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:52:15 -0600

Should this be in the ISIS WG since ISIS bits are changing? I think so as no
BFD bits are changing. I will contact the ISIS WG chairs.

-DWard