Subject: BFD Status + Last Call

From: "O'Connor, Don" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:09:44 -0600

David and Jeffrey

Considering that the BFD WG has not met for long time (I think the last meeting may have been August 2005), the email list has been quiet, and no Shepherding AD has been assigned per BFD Status on IETF tools:

1) What is the status of bfd-base, bfd-generic and bfd-mpls drafts? 

2) Have they passed WG LC?

3) If so can they be sent to IESG LC?

4) What is the scheduled RFC completion date?

Ross and Bill 

Can a Shepherding AD be assigned?

Regards

Don

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:17:19 -0600

Don, et al -

Dave and I are about to publish base-06. The MIB and bfd-mpls recently took
a spin and p2mp bfd is about to come out. So, we are close but, not close
enough to need a shepherding AD. The delay in BFD docs is due to the fact
that a number of vendors have just completed implementation and various
issues wrt interop and wording in the spec became obvious. So, Dave and Dave
took the time to take the feedback and clarify the specs. It was the Right
Thing  IMHO. Until this point, there were few implementations and we had
received little feedback on the spec.

I expect a WG meeting in Prague where I will go over the changes in the
drafts and then LC. Then an AD shepherd¹s those. I hope to discuss p2mp BFD
as well.

-DWard

On 12/11/06 3:09 PM, "O'Connor, Don" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> David and Jeffrey
> 
> Considering that the BFD WG has not met for long time (I think the last
> meeting may have been August 2005), the email list has been quiet, and no
> Shepherding AD has been assigned per BFD Status on IETF tools:
>