Subject: Re: BFD docs to last call

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:01:00 -0500

All -

These documents have finished WG LC.  One document draft-ietf-bfd- 
v4v6-1hop, required some clarifying text (thanks Carlos) which has  
already been submitted. Thus, we are calling WG LC "completed."

There has been a recent modification to the MIB (-04) but, we need  
another advancement of the MIB to include all the functionality in  
the documents below. We will progress what we have but the MIB will  
hold up PS status (we will have official versions thankfully of all  
of the base documents).

As a WG we will not turn to the point to multipoint spec and the DHCP  
bootstrapping drafts.

Onwards and upwards ...

-DWard, Jeff Haas

On Feb 5, 2008, at 11:51 AM, David Ward wrote:

> All -
>
> We would like to last call the entire suite of the BFD protocol  
> documents. It has been a long time coming but, the extra time has  
> allowed for many interoperable implementations to be created and  
> through feedback from implementors; the specifications have been  
> updated to cover corner cases, clear up language/grammar/intention,  
> etc. In general, the documents provide what is necessary to  
> implement interoperable BFD and should be considered complete.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-base-07
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-generic-04
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop-07
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-multihop-06
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-mpls-05
>
>
> We have not put the MIB (expired and being updated) and the new  
> multipoint draft into Last Call. As soon as the MIB is updated we  
> will get an expert review and then LC.
>
>
> For this last call, if you have comments or nits please have the  
> subject line include for example: bfd-base-07 (as appropriate) so  
> that your email clearly specifies which draft you are commenting  
> on. Given that everyone is so familiar w/ the set of specifications  
> and the delta to this rev is rather small, we are going to have a  
> 2.5 week Last Call period. It will end Feb 22, 2008.
>
> Many thanks to the implementors and reviewers that provided feedback.
>
>
> -DWard, Jeff Haas

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:14:19 -0500

oops

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:01 PM, David Ward wrote:

> As a WG we will not turn to the point to multipoint spec and the  
> DHCP bootstrapping drafts.
>

                                 s/not/now

Sorry about that ...

-DWard

>> updated to cover corner cases, clear up language/grammar/ 
>> intention, etc. In general, the documents provide what is  
>> necessary to implement interoperable BFD and should be considered  
>> complete.
>>
>> on. Given that everyone is so familiar w/ the set of  
>> specifications and the delta to this rev is rather small, we are  
>> going to have a 2.5 week Last Call period. It will end Feb 22, 2008.
>>