Subject: General Query new commer

From: "Nanda Kishore Salem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:56:05 +0530

I have seen router/switch vendors supporting BFD for routing and other
protocol needs

does any server software (OS Microsoft, sun, unix, linux) vendors
support (beta or otherwise) BFD. 

I am primarily looking from Content Switches/server load balancer
requirements to support BFD. 

Content switch vendors like (Citrix, F5, Cisco) etc would want their
switches to be able to 

do all that is offered by BFD with the server machines. 

i.e. quickly detect a server is DOWN and transfer the load to another. 

      multiplex various protocol/deamon state detections (http, ftp, ssl
etc)

To do this server software vendors need to be supporting BFD so that
content switch vendors can use it

to improve detection times etc. 

Question:

Is there any server/OS software vendor supporting BFD?

Is there any content switch vendor (Cisco, F5, Radware etc) supporting
BFD for load balancers? 

Thank you, 

Nanda Kishore