Subject: BFD at the IETF

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:10:41 -0700

Hi,

Do we have a BFD meeting at the upcoming IETF? If not will the chairs
be there so that we can discuss some new items of work.

Thanks,
Vishwas

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:11:25 -0400

Can you specify that the proposed new items are here on the list?

	--Tom

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:59:17 -0700

Hi Tom,

It is based on an earlier mail I had sent about a couple of months
back - about BFD for some L2 technologies. After I discussed the work
we got the Multicast work revived, so we have lesser pieces of the
puzzle to solve. We seemed to have got some customers requesting the
same from us after we discussed that on the list.

Should we discuss the MPLS MIB issues we had talked about earlier this
IETF (changing the Texual conventions for the same)?

Thanks,
Vishwas

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:06:15 -0400

> same from us after we discussed that on the list.

	I am not going to speak for the chairs, but I personally don't think
we need to hold a WG meeting just for that topic. :P

> IETF (changing the Texual conventions for the same)?

	That is probably best on the MPLS WG list if you ask me.

	--Tom

>
> Thanks,
> Vishwas
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked] 
> > wrote:
>>

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:20:56 -0500

We aren't having a meeting in San Fran. Note that the p2mp will be  
revived once we have all the discusses cleared (we are very close). As  
for BFD over L2, as mentioned we agreed with the IEEE we would not  
take on that work.

The MIB is best discussed on list and with the authors.

-DWard