Subject: BFD for MPLS

From: "Shahram Davari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:45:55 -0700

Hi,

Section 4 of draft-ietf-bfd-mpls-07 says:

"If the LSP is associated with Multiple FECs, a BFD session SHOULD be established for each FEC"

But this doesn't seem to be correct, since BFD can only check the LSP and is unaware of the FECs mapped to the LSP.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Shahram

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:34:30 -0700

Hi Shahram,

The document section 6 states the below:

   "To establish a BFD session a LSP-Ping echo
   request message MUST carry the local discriminator assigned by the
   ingress LSR for the BFD session. This MUST subsequently be used as
   the My Discriminator field in the BFD session packets sent by the
   ingress LSR."

Thanks,
Vishwas