Subject: Re: Time for a recharter

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 01:00:10 +0000

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 01:35:45PM +0000, Jeffrey Haas wrote:
> Working Group,
>
> As our ADs have reminded us, we're in need of a re-charter for the
> working group.  Based on the minutes from our last session and some items
> the chairs have been approached about, please find a possible draft
> charter
> for discussion.  Note that milestones have yet to be determined.
[...]

Since the original mail, we've seen a few (very few) mails supporting the
proposed re-charter and none against.

The majority of the chat was around a possible new work item not on the
proposed charter to use BFD for ECMP/LAG interfaces.  There were email
exchanges on and off list on the topic.

One observation made in one of those off-list changes is that it is likely
that no BFD protocol changes are necessary to provide support for use of
BFD on ECMP or LAGs.  There is, however, room for informational drafts on
bootstrapping BFD for such an application.

My proposal is that we do NOT add such an informational draft to the
proposed charter at this time until we better define what the requirements
for such a solution are and the general shape of that solution.  Once a
draft has been been brought to the working group, we can consider adding it
to the charter at that time.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:27:40 +0530

Jeff,

I presume that this means that enhanced security mechanisms would be taken up as part of the WG re-charter.

Cheers, Manav 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
> Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 6.30 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Time for a recharter
>