Subject: draft-bhatia-bfd-hmac-sha-00.txt

From: "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 22:30:34 +0530

Hi,

Dacheng, Vishwas and I have submitted a new draft that addresses the item 2c in the updated BFD charter - Specify cryptographic authentication procedures for the BFD protocol using HMAC-SHA-256 (possibly truncated to a smaller integrity check value) using the generic keying-based cryptographic authentication mechanism. 

Would be great if the WG can review this document and provide their feedback.

The draft is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-bfd-hmac-sha-00.txt 

Cheers, Manav

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 10:24 PM
To: Bhatia, Manav (Manav)
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bhatia, Manav (Manav)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bhatia-bfd-hmac-sha-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bhatia-bfd-hmac-sha-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Manav Bhatia and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-bhatia-bfd-hmac-sha
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Authenticating BFD using HMAC-SHA-2 procedures
Creation date:	 2011-10-09
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10

Abstract:
   This document describes how Hashed Message Authentication Mode (HMAC)
   in conjunction with the SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512 algorithms can
   be used for authenticating Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD).
   It uses the Generic Cryptographic Authentication and Generic
   Meticulous Cryptographic Authentication sections to carry the
   authentication data.  This updates, but does not supercede, the
   cryptographic authentication mechanism specified in RFC 5880.

The IETF Secretariat