Subject: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-katz-ward-bfd-multipoint-02

From: "Henderickx, Wim (Wim)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:15:15 +0000

Was discussing with Jeff yesterday on the above draft. Given the draft expired are we going to move this forward?
We have implemented most of this draft in the context of MVPN to facilitate detection times of leaf failure of P2MP LSPs. We did no implement the head-end notification given BGP is used for this in the context of MVPN.
We believe the draft is in good shape and would like to see this moving forward.

---

From: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:09:05 +0000

Hi,
I believe it was adopted as WG document draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-01 though it expired because of neglect. Perhaps mere re-pub as -02 will do.

    Regards,
        Greg

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henderickx, Wim (Wim)
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-katz-ward-bfd-multipoint-02

---

From: Vikas Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:29:33 +0000

If I remember reading the charter correctly, I think the last status
update was something in the lines of "waiting for an implementation". So
if you do have an implementation which is inter-operable, then I would
imagine there is a good case for progress on the draft.

Thanks,
Vikas 

From:  Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date:  Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:39 PM
To:  "Henderickx, Wim (Wim)" <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  RE: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-katz-ward-bfd-multipoint-02

Hi,
I believe it was adopted as WG document draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-01
though it expired because of neglect. Perhaps mere re-pub as -02 will do.

Regards, 
        
Greg

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Henderickx, Wim (Wim)
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-katz-ward-bfd-multipoint-02

Was discussing with Jeff yesterday on the above draft. Given the draft
expired are we going to move this forward?
We have implemented most of this draft in the context of MVPN to
facilitate detection times of leaf failure of P2MP LSPs. We did no
implement the head-end notification given BGP is used for this in the
context of MVPN. 
We believe the draft is in good shape and would like to see this moving
forward.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:06:36 -0400

> I believe it was adopted as WG document draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-01 though it expired because of neglect. Perhaps mere re-pub as -02 will do.

I'll be nagging various people about re-publishing their drafts post IETF
(and at IETF).  WG work seems to be moving along well, but I've been
slacking as a chair in pushing authors on getting things moved to a
publishable RFC state. :-)

-- Jeff