Subject: WGLC issues on BFD MIBs - IANA maintenance

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:44:32 -0500

Working Group,

As part of doing due diligence for the WGLC shepherding work for the BFD
MIBs, I found comments in my notes relating to part of our motivation to
split the TCs from the BFD MIB: Making the TCs IANA maintained.

The primary reason to make the Textual-Conventions IANA maintained is that
IANA can update the MIB without having to require the document to go through
BFD I-D and review before hitting RFC again.  Since the things maintained in
this MIB are primarily related to code points that may be assigned as part
of other work, this makes for significantly easier management of the TC MIB.

It was necessary for the authors to update the naming conventions as well as
some copyright information in the MIB.

The only other issue found during shepherding work was a minor typo in the
TC MIB that resulted in the MIB not compiling.

While these changes are relatively minor (please see the diffs), I'd like to
give the WG a few more days to review them prior to sending the drafts off
to the IESG.  While I expect no issues to be found, such last minute renames
often result in very small issues that are not caught by eyes who have
reviewed the draft many times.

Please do us the favor of reviewing these last minute changes.  I will send
this to IESG with the shepherd writeups this coming Wednesday.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-tc-mib-04
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-mib-16

-- Jeff (acting as document shepherd)