Subject: Open source BFD

From: Lokesh B <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:40:22 +0530

Hi
Does any one knows open source implementation of BFD? I don't seem to find
any.
Regards
-Lokesh

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:46:05 -0500

Lokesh B wrote:
> Hi
> Does any one knows open source implementation of BFD? I don't seem to
> find any.

  Github has two:

https://github.com/dyninc/OpenBFDD

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/

  The second one is my pet project.  :)  Yes, it's a RADIUS server, but
it also does DHCPv4 and BFD.

  I've been using it in customer environments to do application layer
liveliness detection.  i.e. BFD runs between apps, instead of checking
link status.  It also runs SNMP triggers when a link goes up / down.

  Alan DeKok.