Subject: State of BFD, pre-IETF 89

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:44:49 -0500

BFD is not meeting at IETF 89, however many people working on BFD things
will be there.  This mail summarizes the rough status of the working group.
Hopefully this will serve to get people motivated to look at open work
items.

* BFD base MIB and TC-MIB.  Waiting on some last minute edits by Tom Nadeau
  before being handed back to the MIB doctors, then the RFC Editor queue
  (hopefully).
* BFD on LAG: In RFC Editors queue.
* BFD MPLS MIB: Quiet, could use more eyes.  Could we get volunteers?
* BFD Multipoint: Quiet, stable, one partial implementation.  Need a meeting
  with the authors to see about simplifying the doc.
* BFD Crypto and Generic Auth documents: Implementation limbo.
* BFD Intervals: Adopted as a WG item, still no draft submitted as
  draft-ietf-bfd.  Hey, Marc! 
* S-BFD: Lots of documents, a tiny bit of list discussion. In desperate need
  of a use-case document to proceed.

-- Jeff

---

From: Sam Aldrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 11:48:51 -0800

Hi Jeff,

Comments inline.

> * BFD MPLS MIB: Quiet, could use more eyes.  Could we get volunteers?
%sam - We will have to revive it. Hopefully we could address any comments
remaining. Will let you know of latest status, soon.

>   of a use-case document to proceed.
%sam - I have published the new use case document, yesterday. WG could take
a look at it and provide comments/feedback about it.

-sam

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:16:40 -0500

> a look at it and provide comments/feedback about it.

I'm presuming it's draft-aldrin-bfd-seamless-use-case?

If so, I'd suggest spinning a separate thread to push discussion.
(I usually start by forwarding the I-D announcement to the WG.)

-- Jeff

---

From: Marc Binderberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 13:58:59 -0800

Hello Jeff,

I do feel guilty and should have done more work last year already, I 
know :-)  But I moved across the pond, joined a new team, had been 
blocked.

Good news is I've sent out emails to other people (unicast) as well as 
company-internal. Collecting feedback, then will produce an update.

Regards, Marc

---

From: "Vengada Prasad Govindan (venggovi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 04:32:28 +0000

Jeff,
  Permit me to add one more to the list:
draft-vgovindan-l2vpn-evpn-bfd: This was presented at IETF-88 (L2VPN WG). Some feedback has been received and the next revision will be submitted before the IETF-89 deadline. Comments are welcome.
Thanks
Prasad

-----Original Message-----
From: Rtg-bfd [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: State of BFD, pre-IETF 89

BFD is not meeting at IETF 89, however many people working on BFD things will be there.  This mail summarizes the rough status of the working group.
Hopefully this will serve to get people motivated to look at open work items.

-- Jeff