Subject: Final stretch for the MIBs (was Re:[[email-masked]: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-bfd-mib-20.txt])

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:22:17 -0400

Both the BFD MIB and the BFD TC MIB have gotten updates to address final
nits found during security, operations and mib-doctors reviews.  Thanks to
all who've contributed to that.

As a (hopefully correct) brief summary of the functional change, the
bfdAdminStatus (and related session status) objects have been extended to
not only have the enabled/disabled semantic that is common to SNMP writable
MIBs, but also add a down and adminDown state as well.  This accommodates an
issue Bert Wijnen noted indirectly as part of the mib-doctor review wherein
our operational state (which matches protocol machinery) didn't have a way
to get into the forced down or admindown states.  Implementors of BFD at the
CLI level will recognize the semantics corresponding to disabling the
session or forcing it down - the distinction being down typically causes
dependent clients to treat BFD as going down vs. admindown letting
dependent clients dissociate from the session.

The MIBs (and hopefully the charter) appear headed to the upcoming IESG
telechat.

Thanks to Tom Nadeau and Nobo Akiya for managing to handle the last minute
edits in MIB-land in spite of nasty pressures from their day jobs.

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 11:36:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-bfd-mib-20.txt

A new version (-20) has been submitted for draft-ietf-bfd-mib:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfd-mib-20.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-mib/

Diff from previous version:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfd-mib-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

IETF Secretariat.

----- End forwarded message -----