Subject: [[email-masked]: Document Action: 'Analysis of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Security According to KARP Design Guide' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-bfd-analysis-08.txt)]

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 16:29:44 -0500

Thanks all who helped drive this to conclusion.  At some point it'd be nice
to spell out the necessary cryptographic procedures to use non-meticulous
mode with stronger auth.

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from The IESG <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 10:27:28 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: 'Analysis of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Security According to KARP Design Guide' to
	Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-bfd-analysis-08.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Analysis of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Security
   According to KARP Design Guide'
  (draft-ietf-karp-bfd-analysis-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-bfd-analysis/

Technical Summary

  This document analyzes the security mechanisms for BFD, according
  to the guidelines set forth in Section 4.2 of Keying and Authentication
  for Routing Protocols Design Guidelines. In analyzes the current
  security state of BFD, describes gaps, and  discusses work that
  needs to be done to close those gaps.

Working Group Summary

  The KARP Working Group was happy with the document.  There
  was no controversy. A chair of the BFD WG was active in its
  development and review, and the document was shown to the
  BFD WG for review and feedback.

  The KARP WG has now closed, but WG last call completed while
  the group was still active. The draft is being advanced as AD
  Sponsored.

Document Quality

  This document has been reviewed by the KARP Working Group
  and by the KARP chairs.  It does a good job laying out the issues
  with securing BFD.  The level of detail is appropriate to the working
  group goals as laid out in the charter and the guidelines document.

Personnel

  Brian Weis <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.

----- End forwarded message -----