Subject: IETF 93, shall we meet?

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:00:42 -0400

Working Group,

IETF 93 is proving to be very popular, and the IETF has more requests for
timeslots than can be possibly served from the pool of available ones.  I
had registered the WG for its usual 1 hour session a few weeks ago.

Given the competition for scheduling, I must ask you all this question:
Shall we meet?

The mailing list has been quiet, but work has been going on.  For example:
- The BFD Yang design team has been very busy on their latest version.
  (Provide them feedback!)
- The S-BFD have completed WGLC and are waiting for the last IPR
  attestations before going to shepherd write-up.
- 5884 clarifications have passed IPR attestations, but didn't get enough
  support to move the document forward.  We'll be trying again soon after
  some last minute comments are addressed.

In non-chartered work:
- BFD stability has had a new edition published.
- BFD authentication optimizations is available for discussion.
- BFD for VXLan was published for discussion.

Minimally, the chairs will be requesting status updates for active work.
This status need not be presented.  

As always, Working Group session time should be reserved for *active
discussion*.  Thus if you believe we have work that requires such active
discussion, let us know.

-- Jeff

---

From: Santosh P K <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:40:52 +0000

Jeff,
   I have BFD over VXLAN to present in coming IETF. I have plans presenting this both in Nov3 and BFD working group. 

Thanks
Santosh P K 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rtg-bfd [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
> Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:31 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: IETF 93, shall we meet?
> 
> Working Group,
> 
> timeslots than can be possibly served from the pool of available ones.  I had
> registered the WG for its usual 1 hour session a few weeks ago.
>

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:16:46 -0400

Santosh,

>    I have BFD over VXLAN to present in coming IETF. I have plans presenting this both in Nov3 and BFD working group. 

Thus far, yours is the only real presentation request.

Your proposal is pretty straight forward.  That's a good thing. :-)

What's unclear is why you think, beyond getting WG attention on the draft,
that we're likely to need to drive discussion in-session?

For the NVO3 audience, I agree this is perhaps very useful.

FWIW, even if we don't meet, I'm pushing to have presentations added to the
conference proceedings.

-- Jeff

---

From: Santosh P K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:19:48 +0000

Jeff,
  
> that we're likely to need to drive discussion in-session?

I am ok if we are not meeting :). I think we are making good progress on this draft already in BFD WG. 

> For the NVO3 audience, I agree this is perhaps very useful.

Yes, we have not got much attention in NVO3 WG.

Thanks
Santosh P K