Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5880 (4410)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5880,
"Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5880&eid=4410

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Liu Lin <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.8.4

Original Text
-------------
If Demand mode is active, and a period of time equal to the Detection
Time passes after the initiation of a Poll Sequence (the transmission
of the first BFD Control packet with the Poll bit set), the session
has gone down

Corrected Text
--------------
If Demand mode is active, and a period of time equal to the Detection
Time passes after the initiation of a Poll Sequence (the transmission
of the first BFD Control packet with the Poll bit set),and without 
receiving a BFD Control packet with the Final (F) bit set from the
remote system, the session has gone down

Notes
-----
If has received BFD Control packet with the Final (F) bit set from the
remote system, the session will not gone down

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5880 (draft-ietf-bfd-base-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : D. Katz, D. Ward
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG