Subject: Working group status

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:45:33 -0400

The working group has been quiet.  Certainly I've been a bit distracted, and
Nobo even more so!  

I've taken this opportunity to prod a few document authors to move their
work along.  

I've also spent some time updating the WG wiki with current perceived WG
status.  If you have a BFD document, please check the wiki and make sure the
status seems correct.  If your document is marked expired, then it means
you're not pushing your proposal very hard!

https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/bfd/trac/wiki/WikiStart

The multipoint documents, presuming the WG agrees, are likely to hit WGLC
soon.  Please review them and provide feedback.

This is also a reminder that in terms of chartered work, the Yang module
could use WG attention.  The design team has done an excellent job getting
us this far - help them get to the finish line.

Finally, our need to do presentations at the upcoming IETF session in
Yokohama will be based on *active* work with discussion on the mailing list.
This means that now, in this quiet time between IETFs, is a perfect time to
try to get the attention of your fellow BFD experts.

-- Jeff

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:28:22 +0200

Jeff,

Thanks for this, I think you have one more bfd related document in the
PALS wg;

draft-ietf-pals-seamless-vccv-00
Seamless BFD for VCCV

/Loa

---

From: Santosh P K <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:29:30 +0000

Jeff,
   I think " draft-ymbk-idr-rs-bfd "  already a working group document? 

Thanks
Santosh P K 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rtg-bfd [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
> Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 2:16 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Working group status
> 
> status.  If you have a BFD document, please check the wiki and make sure
> the status seems correct.  If your document is marked expired, then it means
> This means that now, in this quiet time between IETFs, is a perfect time to try
> to get the attention of your fellow BFD experts.
> 
> -- Jeff

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:45:32 +0000

Jeff,

In addition to this document that Loa points out, there are other related documents in other WGs:

02 Mar 2015  	draft-ietf-isis-sbfd-discriminator	  txt	 pdf	 xml	 html
23 Jul 2015  	draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator	  txt	 pdf	 xml	 html
23 Mar 2015  	draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator	  txt	 pdf
21 Aug 2014  	draft-zhuang-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions	  txt	 pdf

I have added these to the wiki.

Thanks,

— Carlos.

> On Sep 19, 2015, at 6:28 AM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Jeff,
>

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:54:24 -0400

LOa,

> draft-ietf-pals-seamless-vccv-00

Thanks. This one was under "Non-WG S-BFD Documents of Interest".

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:56:07 -0400

>    I think " draft-ymbk-idr-rs-bfd "  already a working group document? 

Thanks for catching that, Santosh.

And that reminds me I own the other authors more text. :-)

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:04:50 -0400

Carlos,

> I have added these to the wiki.

Thanks for the edit!

-- Jeff