Subject: Protocol Action: 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) for IPv4, IPv6 and MPLS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-ip-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:29:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) for IPv4, IPv6 and
   MPLS'
  (draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-ip-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-ip/

Technical Summary

   This document defines procedures to use Seamless Bidirectional
   Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) for IPv4, IPv6 and MPLS environments.

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed at length with significant participation of the
   active members of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Working
   Group.  

Document Quality

  This document has been subject to multiple Working Group reviews and
  includes participation from several large vendors.  Many of these vendors
  have implementations in progress for this feature.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Jeffrey Haas, co-chair BFD.
  Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana.