Subject: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 00:50:19 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

While this document has a security requirement, I believe there is also a
risk of misconfiguration: if no handshake is performed, a node might send
S-BFD packets to a receiver that does not exists or is not aware of it or
sits at a different part of the network that is somewhere else than
expected which can overload the network accidentally. Should this be
mentioned in this doc (or somewhere else... or both)?

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 09:31:38 +0000

Thank you for this comment, Mirja. You have a good point, we will add it. 

Thumb typed by Carlos Pignataro.
Excuze typofraphicak errows

> On May 3, 2016, at 03:50, Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]> wrote:
>