Subject: Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 14:04:05 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my prior discuss comments in the updated draft,
noting them here to check before approval.

This should be pretty easy to address.  In the security consideration
section, the following recommendation appears:

 o  SBFDReflector MUST NOT look at the crypto sequence number before
      accepting the packet.

Could you please add text to say what happens (what attacks are possible)
if this is looked at?  There is nothing to stop the crypt sequence number
from being looked at, right?  Is there a way to actually prevent that?