Subject: IETF 96 - shall we meet?

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:35:46 -0400

IETF 96 will be convening in Berlin July 17-22.  BFD has not met recently,
but our face to face meetings are driven by the need to advance work via
in-person discussion.

The chairs' perceived status of the Working Group is tracked on our wiki:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/bfd/trac/wiki

Most of the recent WG attention has been spent on finishing IESG comments
for S-BFD and we should hopefully be well on the way through the RFC Editor
by the upcoming IETF, IESG telechat permitting.  Our active work includes:

- BFD Yang module (please comment!)
- BFD Multipoint (likely WGLC ready with at least one implementation for the
  base document, and a trill use case for active tail).
- Optimizing BFD Authentication - needs further discussion with security
  minded IETFers.

We also have BFD related documents targeted for other WGs where we should
consider providing comment, if needed:

- BFD Directed Return Path (in MPLS), stalled.
- draft-ietf-trill-p2mp-bfd
- draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd
- draft-spallagatti-bfd-vxlan (possibly BFD, possibly NVO3)

And several other WG documents that are chartered but stalled (or dead?)

If you believe you have an agenda item that's cause for the Working Group to
meet, please respond to this thread.

-- Jeff and Reshad

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 09:58:45 -0700

> On May 11, 2016, at 9:35 AM, Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

The BFD YANG model has undergone some changes that could use some review. Expect an updated draft.

> - Optimizing BFD Authentication - needs further discussion with security

And possibly a presentation in one of the other security focused WG??

> And several other WG documents that are chartered but stalled (or dead?)

Not quite dead, but draft-ashesh-bfd-stability has been simplified, posted earlier this year and could use some review.

> meet, please respond to this thread.

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 10:49:07 -0700

Hi Chairs, BFD community,
two drafts, draft-tanmir-rtgwg-bfd-mc-lag-ip and
draft-tanmir-rtgwg-bfd-mc-lag-mpls*, * were referred to BFD WG in BA that
clarify use of micro-BFD over MC-LAG interfaces in IP and IP/MPLS network
respectively. Authors would appreciate opportunity to present and discuss.

Regards, Greg

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 16:23:21 -0400

> meet, please respond to this thread.

With in and out of thread responses, I think we have enough agenda items to
meet.  I have requested a one hour session.

If you have further agenda requests, please continue to respond in-thread.

-- Jeff and Reshad

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:18:25 -0400

Mahesh,

> And possibly a presentation in one of the other security focused WG??

Could the authors please kick off the necessary discussion in the saag list?
This one is complicated enough that it should start at the mic in the
security open area meeting.

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:19:08 -0400

> If you have further agenda requests, please continue to respond in-thread.

A candidate agenda is posted in the BFD wiki:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/bfd/trac/wiki/IETF96%20Agenda

-- Jeff