Subject: [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC5882 (4812)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:22:06 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC5882, "Generic Application of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5882&eid=4812

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Alexander ("Sasha") Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-09-27
Held by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 10.1.2

Original Text
-------------
   IS-IS may be used to support only one data protocol, or multiple data
   protocols.  [ISIS] specifies a common topology for multiple data
   protocols, but work is under way to support multiple topologies.  If
   multiple topologies are used to support multiple data protocols (or
   multiple classes of service of the same data protocol), the topology-
   specific path associated with a failing BFD session should no longer
   be advertised in IS-IS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in order to signal
   a lack of connectivity.

Corrected Text
--------------
   IS-IS may be used to support only one data protocol, or multiple data
   protocols.  [ISIS] specifies a common topology for multiple data
   protocols, but work is under way to support multiple topologies.  If
   multiple topologies are used to support multiple data protocols (or
   multiple classes of service of the same data protocol), the topology-
   specific path associated with a failing BFD session should no longer
   be advertised in IS-IS Link State Packets (LSPs) in order to signal
   a lack of connectivity.

Notes
-----
In the context of this section (that discusses usage of BFD sessions for detection of failure of an IS-IS adjacency) the abbreviation "LSP" should be expanded as "Link State Packet" and not as "Label Switched Path". 

>From my POV this is an editorial erratum since I believe the readers of the RFC understand what the authors wanted to say.

--------------------------------------
RFC5882 (draft-ietf-bfd-generic-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Generic Application of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : D. Katz, D. Ward
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG