Subject: Fwd: YANG modules publication: what to focus on next?

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:33:20 +0100

Dear all,

So that you know that ietf-bfd-yang is a bottleneck to publish many YANG 
modules.
Please progress it asap.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	YANG modules publication: what to focus on next?
Date: 	Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:27:01 +0100
From: 	Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
To: 	NETMOD Working Group <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

At the last IETF meeting, Alia, Deborah and I looked at the publication 
status of most YANG modules.
Since that time, I've been keeping a summary of the situation. Let me 
share it with everybody.

Before publishing YANG modules, we have two series of bottlenecks:
- the YANG module import (shown by tooling below)
- the normative references (MISSREF in the RFC editor queue 
<https://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php>)
   Note that draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores, a normative reference 
for many YANG modules,
   was just approved. Good news!

We now have many YANG modules in RFC editor queue:
***draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-18 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam>**
****draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods-13 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods>**
****draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-16 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology>**
****draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-20 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo>**
****draft-wu-l3sm-rfc8049bis-11 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-l3sm-rfc8049bis>****
**draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis-09 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis>
*draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis/>
draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-03 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis/>
draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-vrrp-09 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-vrrp/>
draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip-08 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip/>
draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-10 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores/>

Here are the YANG module dependencies 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-ip&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam&modules[]=ietf-lime-time-types&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam-methods&modules[]=ietf-l3-unicast-topology&modules[]=ietf-l3-unicast-topology-state&modules[]=ietf-network-topology&modules[]=ietf-network-topology-state&modules[]=ietf-network&modules[]=ietf-network-state&modules[]=ietf-l3vpn-svc&modules[]=ietf-netconf-acm&modules[]=ietf-interfaces&modules[]=ietf-vrrp&modules[]=ietf-rip&modules[]=ietf-datastores&modules[]=ietf-origin&recurse=1&rfcs=1&show_subm=1&show_dir=dependencies> 
for these RFC editor modules, as requirement before publishing.

Some more YANG modules are on the IESG table:
     draft-ietf-pim-yang has a DISCUSS (Jan 11th IESG telechat)
     draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis is on the Jan 25th IESG telechat
     draft-ietf-netmod-entity is on the Jan 25th IESG telechat

Assuming those are in the RFC editor queue, this is the new set of YANG 
module dependencies 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-ip&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam&modules[]=ietf-lime-time-types&modules[]=ietf-connectionless-oam-methods&modules[]=ietf-l3-unicast-topology&modules[]=ietf-l3-unicast-topology-state&modules[]=ietf-network-topology&modules[]=ietf-network-topology-state&modules[]=ietf-network&modules[]=ietf-network-state&modules[]=ietf-l3vpn-svc&modules[]=ietf-netconf-acm&modules[]=ietf-interfaces&modules[]=ietf-vrrp&modules[]=ietf-rip&modules[]=ietf-pim-dm&modules[]=ietf-pim-base&modules[]=ietf-pim-sm&modules[]=ietf-pim-bidir&modules[]=ietf-pim-rp&modules[]=ietf-routing&modules[]=ietf-ipv6-router-advertisements&modules[]=ietf-ipv4-unicast-routing&modules[]=ietf-ipv6-unicast-routing&modules[]=ietf-entity&modules[]=ietf-datastores&modules[]=ietf-origin&recurse=1&rfcs=1&show_subm=1&show_dir=dependencies>.
It takes a little bit of re-arrangering the elements, but all the 
information is there.

The next bottlenecks for publishing those YANG modules are:
     draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount
     draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model
     ietf-bfd-yang
     draft-ietf-ospf-yang
     draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg
Please progress those documents asap

Some more updates below.

_NI, LNE, and schema mount, RFC7895bis, schema mount:_
     draft-ietf-rtgwg-lne-model
         Status: Publication requested, Alia's AD review
     draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model
         Status: Publication requested, Alia's AD review
     draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount:
         Status:  WG LC closed, not sure on the next steps ...
     draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis
         Status not clear...

_LIME:_
draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model-00
         Status: Benoit to perform the AD review.

Regards, Benoit