Subject: WGLC BFD Authentication Drafts

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:38:56 -0400

Working Group,

The authors of the following Working Group drafts have requested 
Working Group Last Call on the following documents:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-secure-sequence-numbers-01
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication-04
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-stability-01

Given the overlap of functionality, WGLC will conclude for the bundle
simultaneously.

Authors, please positively acknowledge whether or not you know about any IPR
for your documents.  Progression of the document will not be done without
that statement.

Last call will complete on April 20.

-- Jeff

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:33:23 -0700

Chairs,

We the authors acknowledge an IPRs related to these drafts. It is titled “Integrity check optimization systems and methods in live connectivity frames”, patent number 9,537,846. 

We will be adding an IPR disclosure shortly. 

> On Mar 28, 2018, at 9:38 AM, Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Working Group,
> 

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 13:41:51 -0400

Mahesh,

> We will be adding an IPR disclosure shortly. 

Thanks for your prompt disclosure at WGLC.  A reminder of the location to do
this disclosure for you or appropriate lawyers:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/new-specific/

And also a reminder that you should have filed that sooner than later. :-)

Ideally, please update this ASAP so that the Working Group participants may
take the disclosure, and the stated licensing, into consideration as part of
WGLC comments.

The remaining authors will need to acknowledge other IPR or that only this
IPR is what they are aware of.

-- Jeff

P.S. I received bounces on Manav and Alan's addresses.  Please update them
and also make sure they're following the WGLC.

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:21:35 -0700

Adding Alan and Manav to the thread, so they can follow the WGLC, and the action thereof. Will update their e-mail addresses as we address the comments.

Thanks.

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 06:11:25 +0530

No IPR from my side.

Cheers, Manav

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:09:32 +0300

Dear WG Chairs, et. al,
I cannot support WG LC for draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication as my
comments at BFD WG meeting dating back to IETF-98
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/98/materials/minutes-98-bfd-00> still
not have been addressed nor even there was an attempt to address. As I've
asked to clarify impact of the proposed mechanism, particularly periodic
authentication, on the BFD State Machine, I'd point that the proposed
mechanism directly affects BFD security as discussed in RFC 5880 and the
section Security Considerations in the document, in my view, does not
adequately reflects that and doesn't explain how the security of the BFD
session maintained when the periodic authentication is in use.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:02:18 -0400

I have no IPR on this.

> On Mar 28, 2018, at 7:21 PM, Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]> wrote:
>