Subject: [Errata Rejected] RFC7880 (5211)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC7880,
"Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5211

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-12-16
Rejected by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 6.1

Original Text
-------------
   o  bfd.SessionType: This is a new state variable that describes
      the type of a particular session.  Allowable values for S-BFD
      sessions are:

      *  SBFDInitiator - an S-BFD session on a network node that
         performs a continuity test to a target entity by sending S-BFD
         packets.

      *  SBFDReflector - an S-BFD session on a network node that listens
         for incoming S-BFD Control packets to local entities and
         generates response S-BFD Control packets.

   The bfd.SessionType variable MUST be initialized to the appropriate
   type when an S-BFD session is created.

Corrected Text
--------------
   o  bfd.SessionType: This is a new state variable that describes
      the type of a particular session.  Allowable values for S-BFD
      sessions are:

      *  SBFDNone - indicates that the BFD session is not of S-BFD type.

      *  SBFDInitiator - an S-BFD session on a network node that
         performs a continuity test to a target entity by sending S-BFD
         packets.

      *  SBFDReflector - an S-BFD session on a network node that listens
         for incoming S-BFD Control packets to local entities and
         generates response S-BFD Control packets.

   The bfd.SessionType variable MUST be set to SBFDNone when a BFD
   session other than S-BFD. The bfd.SessionType variable MUST be 
   initialized to the appropriate type when an S-BFD session is created.

Notes
-----
The original text leaves value of the new variable bfd.SessionType unspecified if the type of BFD session is other than S-BFD.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
This report goes beyond pointing out an error in the document. If the changes are to me made (or discussed beyond the thread related to this report), it should be done through the normal WG channels.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rtg-bfd/dI5Y2YXBG3kACEjX5vIZgSJHVw4 

--------------------------------------
RFC7880 (draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD)
Publication Date    : July 2016
Author(s)           : C. Pignataro, D. Ward, N. Akiya, M. Bhatia, S. Pallagatti
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG