Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfd-yang-13.txt> (YANG Data Model for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 06:26:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
WG (bfd) to consider the following document: - 'YANG Data Model for
Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)'
  <draft-ietf-bfd-yang-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   and manage Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD).

   The YANG modules in this document conform to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-yang/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-yang/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-teas-yang-te: A YANG Data Model for Traffic Engineering Tunnels and Interfaces (None - IETF stream)
    draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang: A YANG Data Model for MPLS Base (None - IETF stream)

---

From: "tom p." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 12:19:20 +0100

This I-D has a number of import statements from other YANG modules for
which there is no Reference statement where I believe that there should
be, statements such as .

  import iana-bfd-types
  import ietf-bfd
  import ietf-bfd-mpls
  import ietf-te
  import ietf-routing

In the first three cases, it may be that the editors of this I-D
consider that such a reference is not needed because the relevant
modules are in the same I-D but such thinking is erroneous.  These are
separate modules which will lead independent existences in the wild so
that there will be nothing to tell a user of e.g.  module
ietf-bfd-mpls-te
where to look for
ietf-bfd-types, ietf-bfd,  ietf-bfd-mpls

These need  reference statement such as

  reference "RFC XXXX:   YANG Data Model for BFD";

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 2:26 PM

>     draft-ietf-teas-yang-te: A YANG Data Model for Traffic Engineering
Tunnels and Interfaces (None - IETF stream)

---

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 15:10:42 +0000

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the review. I will add the missing reference statements, I believe this was just an oversight because there are/were no RFC numbers for these imported modules (there is now for ietf-routing).  So I will add the usual RFC XXX with a note for the RFC Editor.

Regards,
Reshad.

On 2018-05-26, 7:31 AM, "tom p." <[email-masked]> wrote:

      import iana-bfd-types
      import ietf-bfd
      import ietf-bfd-mpls
      import ietf-te
      import ietf-routing

    
    
    Tom Petch