Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-haas-bfd-large-packets-00.txt]

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 22:39:12 -0400

Greg,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:40:00AM +0000, Greg Mirsky wrote:
> thank you for bringing up for discussion this interesting proposal. A
> question and a comment ahead of the meeting to save us time:
> 
>    - which applications will benefit from monitoring path MTU (PMTU) rather
>    from using PMTU discovery and updating the value;

Note that Albert and I will be bringing this to the upcoming Montreal
session for presentation.  We will be covering actual use cases for the
proposal (Albert's network being an impacted party).  We're looking forward
to using WG time for discussion on this point.

>    - note that "The Don't Fragment bit (Section 2.3 of [RFC0791]) of the IP
>    payload, when using IP encapsulations, MUST be set." is only applicable to
>    IPv4 environment as IPv6 does not allow IP fragmentation.

Thanks for noting this.  I failed to get this in the document refresh, and
will queue this for next version.

-- Jeff