Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-18: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 18:17:18 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mention the fact this updates 5880 in the abstract. Also, in the
introduction where you do mention the update, please add a sentence or two that
give a satellite view summary of what the update actually is.

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 09:19:22 -0700

Hi Ben,
thank you for your review and helpful comments. I propose the following
updates:
Abstract
NEW TEXT:
   This document updates RFC 5880.

Introduction
OLD TEXT:
   The Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol [RFC5880] specifies a
   method for verifying unicast connectivity between a pair of systems.
   This document defines a method for using BFD to provide verification
   of multipoint or multicast connectivity between a multipoint sender
   (the "head") and a set of one or more multipoint receivers (the
   "tails").
NEW TEXT:
   The Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol [RFC5880] specifies a
   method for verifying unicast connectivity between a pair of systems.
   This document updates [RFC5880] by defining a new method for using
   BFD.  This new method provides verification of multipoint or
   multicast connectivity between a multipoint sender (the "head") and a
   set of one or more multipoint receivers (the "tails").

Hope these updates address your comments.

Regards,
Greg