Subject: IPR Disclosure Ciena Corporation's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 19:53:45 -0800

Dear Mahesh Jethanandani, Ashesh Mishra, Ankur Saxena, Manav Bhatia:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled
"Optimizing BFD Authentication"
(draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication) was submitted to the IETF
Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual
Property Rights Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3328/). The
title of the IPR disclosure is "Ciena Corporation's Statement about IPR
related to draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication"

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 15:25:04 -0800

Dear All,
in light of the IPR Disclosure, I am concerned by its timing (3+ years
after the introduction of the document doesn't seem in line with RFC 8179)
and the FRAND licensing for an implementation. Because of the FRAND clause,
I oppose the progress of the draft further.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM
Subject: IPR Disclosure Ciena Corporation's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Thank you

IETF Secretariat