Subject: RFC 8562 on Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multipoint Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 20:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8562

        Title:      Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for 
                    Multipoint Networks 
        Author:     D. Katz,
                    D. Ward,
                    S. Pallagatti, Ed.,
                    G. Mirsky, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 45501
        Updates:    RFC 5880

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfd-multipoint-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8562

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8562

This document describes extensions to the Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection (BFD) protocol for its use in multipoint and multicast
networks.

This document updates RFC 5880.

This document is a product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC